Podcast Nightmares!

28cozy28

Registered
Please help. Up until a week ago I had been listening to the GTD podcasts with an unhealthy frequency, and for around three months, then, around the time of the new look website launch, problems. The podcasts stopped playing. I use iCatcher for iOS as my podcast player. Now I have re-entered the URL into the app, signed in w/ my username and password; it then authenticates, but no podcasts seem to be available, it states 'no episodes'. Previously there were 300+ to choose from. Please don't suggest Downcast as an alternative podcast player, as the same problem exists there. I was getting excited for the recent 'GTD at Home' webinar, instead, podcast silence has ensued! Bah!

ericgtd

Registered
Hello. I have the same problem. Please prioritise this issue. Regards. Eric Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
This is a high priority fix for us. I'll definitely have an update tomorrow (Monday), and hopefully have the problem solved.

Kent Valentine

Registered
Whew! The bad news is, this is a problem I'm experiencing too (I pretty much have a "podcast nightmare-a-year with Davidco [fixed through the help of your staff I might add]). The good news is, I'm not the ONLY one with this issue this time around.

Kent

rdlewis

Registered
Thanks for the fix, John. It's been bugging me since the rollout but my podcasts reappeared this evening!

ryanirelan

Registered
When I do this on my iPhone with Instacast, the authentication seems to work but I just get "Please email connect@..." message and no podcast episodes listed.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ryanirelan said:
When I do this on my iPhone with Instacast, the authentication seems to work but I just get "Please email connect@..." message and no podcast episodes listed.

I'll have Clara contact you to help figure this out.

tawaters

Registered
Yikes! These changes have messed up my iTunes downloads. I did my normal refresh and it connected to the new URL and DISCONNECTED ALL my previous downloads. The mp3 & videos are still on my hard drive, but does anyone know how to make it re-link? I don't want to have to re-download them all again. Podcasts aren't like music where you can give it the path to find the music on your drive if it should become disconnected.

mcogilvie

Registered
John Forrister said:
Hi all, we've got this working. At least we've got it working on test machines for several of us. Please try and see how it goes for you. The URL to subscribe is http://gettingthingsdone.com/connect/podcast.php

​As tawaters has also reported, all my old podcasts were disconnected from iTunes (on my work machine) when I subscribed using the above link. I believe all the files are still there though. Not sure what to do next about that. I suppose I can re-download them, but that's not a realistic option for many people, I suspect.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
If you've found old podcasts were disconnected, please send a screen shot of iTunes to us. We're looking for some commonality to see if there's a solution other than re-downloading.

SiobhanBR

Registered
Still unable to get podcasts, but then I have never succeeded in doing so even before this change. I get this error when I try to click on the link you provided on my pc (on my iPad I got a blank page):

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

andy88488

Registered
I'm on iTunes 11.1.5.5. I smashed my old iPod, and for some reason, when I got the new one all hooked up and configured, all of my GTDconnect podcasts were gone. I tried your instructions, and was able to connect and download the most recent podcast. Oddly, iTunes did not ask me for authorization in the form of my GTDConnect username/password.

Now, a day or two later, I looked at my Podcasts and once again the GTDConnect entry, along with all of the podcasts, is gone from iTunes. This is really annoying. Please fix it!

andy88488

Registered
I just tried adding it again. I used File|Subscribe to podcast, because the link didn't work when I tried it the first time. The podcast web address briefly appeared in the list of Podcasts, then vanished.

andy88488

Registered
Okay, this is REALLY weird. I noticed that my old iPod still appeared in the device list, as if both the old one and the new one were connected. Once I "ejected" the old one, I was able to add GTDConnect and download a podcast.