Questions about context

J

jmarkey

For people with long lists of errands that can be accomplished in more than one store, I recommend the free Handyshopper software. You can create lists of items you regularly purchase and note which stores have that item. You can filter by location so that you only see the items you want to purchase at the particular store where you are. Handyshopper is also great for creating checklists, such as the steps for your weekly review or weekend chores. You can check them off and then regenerate the list for the next time you use it.

play2win

Registered
Re: Context Crisis

jrdouce;21072 said:
I have an @Call (for non-work only) list but how to I track a call that must be made during business hours, or only on a weekend?

You could split your @Call context into @Call Business Hours and @Call Weekend

Cpu_Modern

Registered
Like another poster before me mentioned, contexts tend to change as your life changes. I like his awesome explanation of an @research context. Other ressources I found helpfull:
Good discussion on topic at the 43folders message boards. | Steve Pavlina has two contexts: wildly important, mildly important. | Why having contexts anyway? Article by Merlin Mann. | And when to change your system.

While I am at it: Often when sharing ideas on how to manage contexts, people came up with "contexts" like '@design @writing @brainstorm' and so on. I stumpled over this article about a Master Tasklist. Maybe this is something you can take instead of contexts or combine it or whatever suits you needs.