Separate lists for Projects and NA or not?

Oogiem

Registered
annewalsh;75733 said:
So would you suggest that I have a folder per project (I've got lots of projects and the idea of creating folders - well - to use the GTD term :) "repels" me!

Not Brent but I find that for some things a single big folder with all the various project notes on someday/maybe projects for that area works. But I will also make a folder for a single piece of paper if I feel I need it.

My grouped folders are things like Knitting Projects, or Weaving Projects. I dump all the various paper notes about things I want to do in those crafts into a single Knitting Projects Folder or a Weaving Projects folder. When I activate a someday/maybe project from that area I will make it it's own folder if I have support materials for it. Part of moving a project into active is that I go through the support folder if it;s a group one and pull out all the items that relate to that specific project to the new folder/.

So right now I have a folder for Slops Contract Stockings, a knitting project to make replica grey knitted stockings that match the British slops contracts from the Golden Age of Piracy timeframe. I have historical notes, the actual slops contracts data, some wool archeology notes and so on. Until I actually decided to make them all that material was still in the Knitting Projects folder.

annewalsh

Registered
Thanks for everyone's help...

One powerful insight I got from this really valuable discussion was that one area I need to work on is clarifying an action plan for more complex projects and really nailing down the next actions. I'm looking at a couple of webpages I need to update and I've realised that I haven't really nailed down the next action on them which is why I am feeling stuck on them.
Thanks for your input and savvy again!

alsa

Registered
I use a software called Things and it lists Projects (active Projects) together with Next (actions). In other words, all next actions (whether they are solo actions or parts of projects are in the same long list, though projects are listed at the bottom.)

In this software, there is a way to view Projects only (individually).

Also, there is a way to view all actions belonging to an area of responsibility -- whether they are next actions -- solo or parts of projects, scheduled items that don't start until a certain date in the future, and Someday/Maybe items.

The software has essentially taught me how to apply GTD hands on.