Sorry 4 simple question,but what is best software/apps for GTD(covering needs below)?

jamesl

Registered
Hello - I've scanned a lot of the forum subjects but I'm not very tech savvy. I run my own business but am an associate of a company and use their systems which is basically Windows 2010. I have a lot of notes and presentations (in Word and Powerpoint respectively) that I would like to file, as well as photographed/scanned images. I also use an iPhone 4, iPad and MacBook Pro (I have downloaded Windows 2013 for Mac for this). I have Evernote on the Mac and iPad and use them a bit, and also use the reminders app on the iPhone and the calender attached to my googlemail email address. I want to use the most appropriate tool(s) across all these systems and applications, using all GTD principles. Any ideas? Thanks. James

NeilH

Registered
Hi James - I'm new on the forum, but have been using GTD for over a decade and love software and tech. There are probably more experienced people on this forum in both those areas, but they haven't seemed to answer your question yet.

You mentioned what you have in terms of current technology. Tell us what you want to be able to do? Are you primarily looking for a way to find your notes and documents more easily? Or are you looking to get everything out of your brain and start a GTD system for tracking your projects and next actions? What is it you want to do? The I will (and hopefully others) will give you some advice. Sound good? Neil

TesTeq

Registered
JodieFrancis said:
At work I use the employer-mandated MS Outlook for GTD (see setup guide available from David Allen Co).

I totally agree.

David Allen setup guides are great but some people may be disappointed because these guides are focused on a simple and efficient implementation of the GTD methodology not on an attempt to replace the Processing and Reviewing step with some Artificial Intelligence.

sunnyinseattle

Registered
Hi Jodie,
I get an error when I try to view the link you posted:

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"