Stress-free productivity on the road

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hello Members--

I wanted to let you know about an opportunity to attend a free webinar next Tuesday with David Allen, sponsored by CLEAR.
Having spent years on the road as a productivity consultant, professional speaker, and an international bestselling author, David Allen is the consummate road warrior. Learn how the author of Getting Things Done® stays productive while traveling in this free 1-hour webinar.

Stress-Free Productivity on the Road on June 5, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. PDT / 2:00 p.m. EDT.

In this educational and entertaining webinar, hosted by CLEAR and the David Allen Company, David will discuss how to:

• maximize small windows of travel time
• utilize the email snack
• optimize the appropriate travel tools
• manage reentry into your home life without the post-travel collapse

Register here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/646766654

Barb

Registered
I don't wanna

I'm not wild about giving my email to a group I know nothing about (required to sign up for this webinar), however I think this is a great topic! Even if someone doesn't travel for business, summer may bring on a trip that requires planning. Soooo....I think this would be great fodder for a Connect webinar and any of you could do it.

In addition to avoiding "post travel collapse" as mentioned in the summary of the webinar David will be doing, I think touching on how you prepare for the trip would be helpful too. And Mike and Meg could give great advice for helping kids prepare (and survive) too.

Road Warriors on vacation. Just a thought.

vbampton

Administrator
Barb;99874 said:
I'm not wild about giving my email to a group I know nothing about (required to sign up for this webinar),

Why not just create a 'junk' gmail account for the occasions when you don't want to give out your real email address?

Barb

Registered
I have that

vbampton;99875 said:
Why not just create a 'junk' gmail account for the occasions when you don't want to give out your real email address?

I have that...and I don't want any more junk than I already get there either ;). (In fact I have 2 junk mail addresses depending on how junkie I think it might be.) Besides, most of these "David is talking to somebody else and they know very little about GTD" things aren't nearly the quality Kelly and the Connect team produce for us.

Yes, I'm spoiled.

nick_ross

Registered
Will a replay be available on Connect as I'm interested in this, but will be on a plane at the time!

Cheers

Nick

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Will a replay be available on Connect as I'm interested in this
No Nick, as it's co-sponsored by "CLEAR" and will likely have promotional information. But if I hear that it's being recorded and find out where that is hosted, I'll be sure to pass that along.

lyena

Registered
Disposable emails

Barb,

I use Trashmail.net to generate disposable email addresses. If a site requires an email, it will generate an address that links to whatever address you specify for the time you specify. You can also set how many emails you would like to receive before the email is deleted.

I found it more useful than a spam address because I do not need to worry about checking it all the time and deleting the spam. Disposable email works for 2 weeks, for example, and after that I do not need to worry about it at all.

Here is the link to a Firefox add-on that will allow you to right-click on an email field, select your preferences, and an email will be generated for you.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/trashmailnet/

Lyena