Toodledo or Remember the Milk?

Ricardo.Orozco

Registered
Greetings Fellows GTDers,

I need your advise,

I am thinking to buy Remember the milk or Toodledo, I need something that works with my Iphone and Windows or Web based.

It's seems that remember the milk is more like a Next action manager (Todo list) but to be honest I like the interface, and since I have an iphone wich is my ubiquitous capture tool, since I have it with me all the time, and has a really nice feature, geolocalization.

On the other hand we have Toodledo, a little more robust, and has the power to manage projects (seems to be easier to have projects here, don't you think?) But I don't really love the interface, is not as friendly as the Little Cow,(But the Cow does not look really professional on my projects, in case I decide to print the lists) and does not have geolocalization neither, but, do I really need geolocalization? or I can just have tags or lists.
As you can see I am really confused and I need your advice in this matter, and I would love to have your opinion and how you handle it your projects, and next actions. any pics or examples will be much appreciated.
I am moving from paper (my old GTD binder, I love it, but is imposible to have it with me all the time) to digital,and i want to make the process as easy as possible.
Thanks in advance and best regards.
Ricardo Orozco

Ricardo.Orozco

Registered
Thanks for the response,

I checked Nozbe and I kinda like it, the only thing that keeps me away is the $70.00 yearly subscription. I mean, I'm willing to pay 5 bucks a month, but to really more than that.

But like I said before, I like it and I will play with the free version of it for a while, Thanks again for the advise.

mcogilvie

Registered
RTM and Toodledo are both good. Because they both have free basic versions, you should try them both and see what you like about both. I will say that I really like the RTM iPhone app (which requires a pro subscription), but don't like the web interface. Toodledo has a lot more features, and can provide a project-task linkage in several ways, but you may not like the workflow such a style imposes on you.

DanF

Registered
Toodledo

A little over a year ago I also evaluated RTM and Toodledo. I ended up picking Toodledo and Appigo's To Do iPhone app. I've been very happy w/ both.

Just recently I went from free to $15 a year pro subscription with Toodledo, mainly so I could have sub-tasks for my separate agenda lists. (I don't use subtasks as project next actions.)

Initially I found the web interface for Toodledo to be quite awful but it turns out that it is quite functional. And when combined w/ the ActiveWords wordbase it is very efficient!

Good luck.
-Dan

humblepie

Registered
DanF;71872 said:
A little over a year ago I also evaluated RTM and Toodledo. I ended up picking Toodledo and Appigo's To Do iPhone app. I've been very happy w/ both.

Just recently I went from free to $15 a year pro subscription with Toodledo, mainly so I could have sub-tasks for my separate agenda lists. (I don't use subtasks as project next actions.)

Initially I found the web interface for Toodledo to be quite awful but it turns out that it is quite functional. And when combined w/ the ActiveWords wordbase it is very efficient!

Good luck.
-Dan

same here. my system is ToodleDo with Appigo ToDo on my iPod Touch. But mainly on the iPod Touch. I too find the interface awful, and i feel if you have recurring tasks u might encounter syncrhonizationi problems.

here i give an introduction to appigo todo for those with iphone or ipod touch that wants to practice gtd on it

jdhorowitz

Registered
Toodledoo works

I've been using Toodledoo for about 3 months. Despite the terrible name, it's a pretty damn good app. It took a bit of tweaking to get it to accommodate GTD, but I've got it to a point where I'm quite comfortable with it. It has a wide range of features, and it allows you to turn off the data fields that you find unnecessary, which helps prevent clutter. I initially used the Goals fields as GTD projects, but recently I upgraded to Pro and started using Actions as projects with nested subtasks as next action steps. It's made the project review a lot easier!

Grey1618

Registered
I'd put in a vote for Remember the Milk. Like you said, their interface is superior -- especially with the new 'fast input' system.

As for project management, unless you have a really big, really complex project with lots of dependencies, I find that RTM does a fine job. Just have tags for both next actions and projects and it'll work out fine.

pastorhudson

Registered
Nozbe, RTM, Producteev

I absolutely loved Nozbe, but finally moved to RTM because it had seamless sync with my Blackberry Tasks list. Though I have been able to adapt RTM to work as a system using tips from http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2008/05/guest-post-advanced-gtd-with-remember-the-milk/ it still feels clunky compared to Nozbe. My biggest complaint about Nozbe was that I was having trouble using my blackberry as a collection tool with Nozbe. I've since started using paper/3x5 cards almost exclusively as a collection tool, so I might go back to Nozbe.

A new startup that looks promising is producteev. They have an iPhone app already, but I'm waiting for Blackberry app to drop before giving them a real look.

I looked at Toodle whatever it's called and it repelled me. LOL

Sievert

Registered
Toodledo

I use toodledo and its iphone app from the same company.

Easy to use easy to configure, syncs well.

View by context or project or tag or date etc etc. I subscribed to get subtasks and i particularly like the "goals" function as its used for areas of focus in my configuration.

Couldnt be without it!

Sievert