Wanted -1/2 3-ring binder 5.5 x 8.5

Jamie Elis

Registered
For a small 3-ring binder--specifically 1/2" ring size, and 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" paper, I have searched and only found one source, called Quincy Stationary. The Quincy Binder, is what you might call "adorable" but is cloth covered seemingly thin cardboard and very expensive. I don't think this will hold up very long as it will be carried about in a backpack, laptop bag, and family bag, and pulled out at work, the grocery, the hardware, the gym, the kitchen counter, etc.

I have found lots of sources for 1 or 2 inch binders but these are too thick and heavy.

Maybe I need to go to Circa afterall. Rather pricey but it might work.

All I want it for is:

quick capture

n/a lists not to exceed two pages each context (@phone, @home, @home office-general, @home office computer, @work, @errands)

printed checkoff list of daily, weekly, and monthly, and seasonal tasks.

active project list with 8-10 words of info for each

a two year pull out reference calendar

I will continue to use the Palm for date book, reference lists, contacts, and most at adgenda and waiting for lists (the later because I tend to build these while I am processing and reviewing and then work them in a batch with each person or entity).

Thanks in advance for any help.

J

JSR

I purchased one a year or two ago at OfficeMax. It was a Day Runner brand.

JSR

rdgeorge

Registered
I use a 1/2 inch Circa Jr. sized notebook for GTD, similar to what you describe. It is used in conjection with a Palm Treo. See my post in the Alan Nelson thread.

M

Mark-Yo

I too am using a Dayrunner 3-ring 5.5" x 8.5" binder. Rings are 3/4" rather than 1/2". Found it at OfficeMax for under $20. Has pocket inside front cover. There's no place to attach a pad of paper to the back inside cover, but if you're careful, you can cut a horizontal slot there, maybe about 2" from the top, and slip in a 5"x8" pad.

Mardo

Registered
5x8 Binder

I have a Circa 5x8 purple leather binder. (Eggplant I think.) I use it more than anything else I have tried and I have tried everything.. Its beautiful and distinctive so I don't forget it and I want to use it. It holds everything I need but no more.Its easy to carry. I like the Levenger paper, the dividers and the two year foldout calendar. Its great quality. You can Circa punch inserts or use a Circa fold over plastic insert that holds important 8X12 so that you can see both sides.
That said everything that everyone suggested is also appropriate. I use Circa because it makes me want to use it and therefore for me its worth the $$$. I know other very productive paper users who feel its a waste of money.
Mardo

flexiblefine

Registered
5/8" rings?

Jamie Elis;56669 said:
For a small 3-ring binder--specifically 1/2" ring size, and 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" paper, I have searched and only found one source, called Quincy Stationery.
You might have luck finding planner binders like this with 5/8" rings. Then again, you may not -- I'm idly keeping my eyes open for a similar binder and not having much luck.

In the meantime I'm using a plan 1" binder I bought at my local office supply megastore.

C

chrisweuve

Jamie Elis;56669 said:
For a small 3-ring binder--specifically 1/2" ring size, and 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" paper, I have searched and only found one source, called Quincy Stationary.

I have found a couple (well, they were probably 5/8"), but unfortunately I can't remember exactly where, other than it was through Google.

Jamie Elis;56669 said:
I have found lots of sources for 1 or 2 inch binders but these are too thick and heavy.

Find anything for 1.25 - 1.5 inches? My personal quest is for something in that range. Everything I have found in that range appears to be some big leather six-ring monstrosity. What I'd really like is a simple, stiff, solid plastic (vice vinyl-covered cardboard) binder.

Jamie Elis;56669 said:
Maybe I need to go to Circa afterall. Rather pricey but it might work.

I eventually decided that Circa Just Isn't Worth It, and am in the process of converting.