Webinar for those of you in a sales or client management role

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
We added a webinar that many of you have asked for: GTD for sales. One of our directors of business development (and super savvy with GTD) will be on the webinar with me. Chip Joyce share how he uses GTD to manage client relationships.

June 17th at 10am PDT.

Whatever kind of sales or client-management role you're in, you should get some good nuggets from this.

Register on the home page of GTD Connect.

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
Thank you Kelly! Really looking forward to this one. Since I do both sales and tech support for our customers, as well as many other responsibilities associated with operating a business, I could not keep track without the disciplines and system that GTD has given me. Still don't always find time to do as much as I want to do, but at least I know what I have to do :)

One challenge for me - and I hope perhaps this could be addressed in the webinar - I am fine with capturing next actions and waiting fors, but I am not consistently discplined to keep good notes in a systematic kind of way. What I mean is that email is traceable and has a history, but phone calls, meetings, snippets of information, when a product was mailed out, etc, etc this all tends to be disjointed or not captured at all. Any suggestions on what is best practice to capture and not capture would be great.

Wardlaw

Registered
Missed Webinar

Hi Kelly et al,

Missed the Sales Webinar. Wondering when that goes up in the media section? (if at all)
And if not then how I might get hold of it.

I'm redesigning the systems for a Sales company right now..
And have done so for a BPO facility that ha call centre-esque workstream.

It's an interesting challenge with a distributed sales team, also distributed consultant team (the product) - and a dynamic that means the demands can't be placed on consultants without additional cost to the sales infrastructure..

So managing the logistics means a lot of info tracking:

In from clients
Feedback from consultants
Interpretation from sales team to feed to consultants
The usual appointment booking
Escalation through a consultancy framework
Managing across multiple sales persons who are not always on hand to track one client through every part of a process.. Thus info for sales records has to be comprehensive enough that one person can pick up and put down..
And that someone doesn't have to be plugged into the CRM in order to be notified that a FU appointment is due to occur.. as during the days when they're not billing the company they are not monitoring the CRM.
There ends up being one person doing the majority of the account handling..
Hence the need for clearer definitions of process - so certain actions can be completed.. reported upon.. and handed off.

Definitions of work.
And the usual challenge with a small team - Multiple activities, without firm edges that mean an individual trips over the edges of a software system, e-mail protocol as they attempt to be Account Manager, Sales team manager, Sales operator, system designer, Partnership manager etc..
My current task is to attempt to understand what activities are within each hat, and what processes (and supporting materials/software) should be picked up and put down to avoid distributed focus and incomplete tasks that prevent delegation.

So recording the stage of the process is necessary.. and fuller reporting..
It seems GTD could support this..

Capture all materials, allocate to clients through organisation..
Clarify intended outcome from that relationship and who is best equipped to handle it,
Lock to a specific time of next encounter
(call appointment or consultancy appointment),
Do said activity with appropriate support materials ensuring the individual is armed (informed),
And then review the relationship to escalate through the framework..
And assess the field to ensure the appropriate clients are coming into the pipeline..
Adjusting lead sources etc..

Curious as to what you guys ended up covering.

TesTeq

Registered
All webinars are published.

Wardlaw;89581 said:
Missed the Sales Webinar. Wondering when that goes up in the media section? (if at all)
And if not then how I might get hold of it.

As far as I know all webinars are published as video and audio recordings in the GTD Connect Audio & Video Library some days later.

We shouldn't put pressure on Kelly to work on weekends :!:

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks TesTeq. I enjoy having weekends off!

Our intention is to post Webinar replays 3 business days after the live event, to the Connect site and into the members-only podcast. So by end of tomorrow (Tuesday) is likely.

Wardlaw

Registered
Weekend Mission!!!

;)

Thanks Kelly - Hadn't noticed it was the weekend. Sorry for adding Stuff.

Look forward to sitting down with the seminar.