What books and strategies do you recommend?

i'llgtd

Registered
Aside from the David Allen suite, I've been reading The Checklist Manifesto and its changing the way I look at my to do and context lists. I also read about Steven Covey's 4 quadrants (importance and urgency grid) and looking how I can apply it to GTD. Have you read any books / heard of any strategies that you use to supplement GTD?

mcogilvie

Registered
I went through a pre-GTD period where I read quite a bit of the time management literature. Some of the old stuff from Franklin-Covey was helpful at the time, and I think Winston's Organized Executive book was good. Honestly, though, GTD is just a lot better. If you do what DA says to do, you will be in good shape.

cdowney

Registered
Lots of additional reading

This is an excellent question and one that I'm often thinking about and exploring.

I listened to Wild Success in 2013 webinar, during which I heard DA mention a book that deeply influenced his views on visioning called Release Your Brakes! I found a used copy and have been digging into it.

I also listen to as much GTD Connect audio as possible - from these I've found many interesting and useful resources or new ways of thinking about something. Have you listened to the recent interview DA did with Dan Pink? I must have written a full page of notes from that.