what do you think of this??

ceehjay

Registered
Okay, I'll comment. I looked at it -- a spiritual blog? It didn't seem to have much to do with GTD.

Carolyn

pswets

Registered
ceehjay said:
Okay, I'll comment. I looked at it -- a spiritual blog? It didn't seem to have much to do with GTD.

Carolyn
Nor, if it is not too impolite to gently say so, too much to do with reality. The "after too many beers" seems altogether too descriptive... perhaps this board is too kind?

TesTeq

Registered
bla bla bla

what do you think of this?? is the most unproductive title for the forum thread that I've ever read.

D

db45

What it has to do with GTD

Well how do you decide what to do, I mean the MOST IMPORTANT things to do right now?

How I decide and create this priority list is by imagining that I am not going to wake up tommorow, or I won't be here in two weeks, two months, two years etc.

So you wanna know your MUST DO's and set your goals for different time frames- thats how you do it.

You want to get things done, REALLY IMPORTANT things, then thats the most simple, powerful and exact way I can fathom of doing it.

If you want to give yourself excuses to keep doing the things you dont want to do, keep putting off the changes your afraid to make then by all means don't even think about the fact that one day you will say goodbye to all of this, every person you love, one unplanned day it will all end for you.

How can a person possibly manage their time if they can't even see that it has a beginning and it has an end. Plan for 5 years, you might not make 5 years! You might make 50 more who knows!! Who cares, all you'll ever have is one big long now.

kewms

Registered
Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

Sometimes the most trivial things are also the most important. A well-lived life is often built of "wasted" moments.

If I thought I would die tomorrow, I probably wouldn't waste time weeding my garden today. But if I maintain my garden, it will continue to enrich my Now for as many Nows as are left to me. If I don't, then in about a month the crabgrass will choke out the flowers and I'll have to look at crabgrass for as many Nows as remain.

Is weeding my garden important, or not?

Katherine

D

db45

Thinking of dying tommorow is the first step to get clarity on the most immediate and most important thing that needs to be done: this quote even though it talks about weeks, its really works for me, the second I read it I knew who that person was and what I had to say and I got very nervous and planned a better way within the next few weeks to do say what I had to say.

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?
--Stephen Levine

Totally agreed about the enlightenment sentiment, i love that quote!!

Your garden enriches you, so you surely don't need me to answer that question. If you do: Of course weeding your garden is important!!!!!