What does David use?

mullrich

Registered
I've been using GTD for years, all paper based. I'd like to switch to using a smartphone, though I haven't bought one yet. What does David use to manage his lists? I'm sure it has been posted in the forum somewhere but I can't find anything.

Thanks in advance

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Lotus Notes 7 with eProductivity, syncing to a BlackBerry Tour 9630 for his core list management setup. Lots of other tools as well for his creative brainstorming, mind mapping, and project support storage.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
aaresca;80283 said:
@Kelly
Does he use the native BB application for tasks management?

Yup. We both do. We are working with a developer on building a true GTD one (none exists in our experience), but so far all we are using is the built-in one, which works fine.

mblowe

Registered
outlook 2007 and blackberry tour

Am trying to figure out the best way to use GTD given (1) work-based Outlook, with "over the air" synchronization to Blackberry Tour and (2) Blackberry's native calendar & task system.
I know I can get software to use on the desktop, but am not at all clear about whether it will sync well w/native BB. Thoughts?
Thanks

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
What's the "it" you mean here?

I know I can get software to use on the desktop, but am not at all clear about whether it will sync well w/native BB. Thoughts?

dalearner

Registered
GTD for blackberry

kelstarrising;80298 said:
Yup. We both do. We are working with a developer on building a true GTD one (none exists in our experience), but so far all we are using is the built-in one, which works fine.
Hi kelly-when does GTD expect the developer with whom they're working to have a system for Blackberry?

Romain

GTD Connect
If I may jump in, I myself use ToDoMatrix on the BB, which is GTD oriented by default. The company name is REXwireless, I guess you can google it pretty easily.

hacker

Registered
Romain;84336 said:
If I may jump in, I myself use ToDoMatrix on the BB, which is GTD oriented by default. The company name is REXwireless, I guess you can google it pretty easily.

I looked at ToDoMatrix for about an hour, and found it was very inferior as an app. This is 2010, and the "clunky" user interface for managing the data entered, is very unintiutive and difficult to use. If this was in the late 90's or early 2000's, I might accept that, but.. not in 2010.

There are quite a few bugs in the handling of the data as well, making it very difficult and challenging to maintain the data in the app. I strongly suggest avoiding it, and use the stock BlackBerry apps onboard instead.

I'm doing something quite different with far superior results. See my earlier (long, but very detailed) post on this exact topic.