What is New and Special

wcartmill

Registered
I'm wondering what qualifies as "New products and Special Offers" in the website Products section. I find myself checking it frequently (waiting to see the hopefully soon-to-be-released GTD paper system products, or sales/discounts on items), but haven't seen any changes in the items listed for months. Perhaps a limited listing time for "New Products" would help keep this section fresh. Email notification of truly "New" items or "special offers" to members would help reduce unproductive surfing for these items.

Just a thought....

Wm

Liz_Harward

Registered
New Products and Special Offers

wcartmill;60925 said:
I'm wondering what qualifies as "New products and Special Offers" in the website Products section. I find myself checking it frequently (waiting to see the hopefully soon-to-be-released GTD paper system products, or sales/discounts on items), but haven't seen any changes in the items listed for months. Perhaps a limited listing time for "New Products" would help keep this section fresh. Email notification of truly "New" items or "special offers" to members would help reduce unproductive surfing for these items.

Just a thought....

Wm

Hi,

I try and keep it current with products that have launched in the last three months. This category is also a catch-all for bundled products with special pricing as well as any sale items we may have (such as the tee-shirts for instance). I'll look at moving some of these items a bit sooner to other categories. The paper planners are due to come out this fall, I don't have a firm ship date on these but am looking forward to hearing soon when these will be available. (Hoping for mid-October here) We also have a cloth ballistics NoteTaker wallet at a lower price point in both tri-fold and regular size coming soon. Tickler files will be back in stock next week as well as our GTDSystem folders with a few more folders (a small redesign of that product). IT does have as a project on a someday/maybe list to automatically notify folks of new product. I'll touch in with the group and see if we can move that project up a bit higher. We do send out monthly emails (you need to check the box on your store account) and I am currently using that special offers and updates mailing as the main way to communicate with folks about new products. Make sure and sign up for that email, you won't miss any new products if you are receiving those mailings and won't have to check the website. You can opt out of those emails at any time just by un-checking the box on the bottom of your account. Thanks for posting! Let me know if this answers your questions.

wcartmill

Registered
Thanks!

Thanks Liz!

I appreciate the detailed, and rapid, response. I'm looking forward to seeing the new items! Also, thanks for directing me to the check box to receive ongoing updates. I always appreciate your efforts.

Wm

BigStory

Registered
October Planner product

Hi Liz,

I have a "proprietary" paper planner system which I use, and have for several years. It fits in a regular size (8.5x11) binder. I also have a 1/2 sized version I could potentially move to.

I don't want you to give up anything unnecessarily, but the company I buy from creates limited amounts of dated product, and my re-order time is approaching. Are you able to tip your hat enough for me to know if your new material will adapt to what I have? Or perhaps, will there be introductory discounts if I want to change my entire setup?

Thanks,
Gordon

Liz_Harward

Registered
Your most welcome! EOM

wcartmill;60945 said:
Thanks Liz!

I appreciate the detailed, and rapid, response. I'm looking forward to seeing the new items! Also, thanks for directing me to the check box to receive ongoing updates. I always appreciate your efforts.

Wm

Too funny- I tried to be GTD and just leave you a short post and I had to enter more as the post was too short! Anyway, thanks for your reply. Happy to engage anytime! My job is to find great product for folks so it is so fun for me when product arrives. I am learning that things really do take as long as they take. Reduced cycle time is not always a good thing!

Liz_Harward

Registered
David Allen Coordinator and Calendar

BigStory;60989 said:
Hi Liz,

I have a "proprietary" paper planner system which I use, and have for several years. It fits in a regular size (8.5x11) binder. I also have a 1/2 sized version I could potentially move to.

I don't want you to give up anything unnecessarily, but the company I buy from creates limited amounts of dated product, and my re-order time is approaching. Are you able to tip your hat enough for me to know if your new material will adapt to what I have? Or perhaps, will there be introductory discounts if I want to change my entire setup?

Thanks,
Gordon

Hi Gordon,

We will have both sizes, and I will know next week when they will be shipped to us. I don't want to promise anything too soon (I have learned that anything can happen in product land!) as most are slated for the retailer involved but we are on track to have an 8.5 by 11 planner (page size is letter, three hole but pages have 7 total punches) and calendar and the jr. version in the planner only which is 5.5 X 8.5 (also three hole punch with 7 total hole punches if needed).

Again, folks are meeting early in the week so I'll have more information then. I don't believe there will be any discounts as I will be buying as a distributor directly from Mead on these (we are not manufacturing them, the Mead folks are). But the retail should be reasonable, the sample was very nice that I saw. I know the new year is approaching but I should have more news soon. Let me know if this answers your question.

BigStory

Registered
That helps...

Hi Liz, I live in Canada, so I would probably have to order from you, since there was something about a trial of only 100 outlets, and we usually get left out. As soon as I get to see the online sample, I will know the direction I want take. Your comments indicate it is worth waiting to see the design, and I am looking forward to it. Refreshing my system seems nice about now, as well.

Thanks!
Gordon

wcartmill

Registered
Any update?

Hi Liz (and others),

Any update on release date for new line of paper based GTD/Mead items? Also, any idea which Staples stores will be stocking them?

Wm

Liz_Harward

Registered
Update on Mead planners

Hi,

Things are moving along, it feels like waiting for a holiday that will never get here at this point. I have placed my order with Mead and am still waiting for product to arrive. I don't have a tracking number yet but have been assured product is already here in the states and they are getting my order together. We are all set to go and will likely launch the day it arrives here in Ojai. Again, until I have that tracking number I won't commit to a day, I am calling about twice a week now for updates. As far as Staples stores we know it is in a mix of stores, 100 total and won't have that information until it hits the shelves. I did hear they spread it out a bit and it is not all on the east coast or west for instance. I do know it will also be available on the Mead website. They will have a few items that we are not going to carry, such as the Mead version of our tickler and file folders and wallets too. We are going to bring in only the GTD Coordinator (in both a Jr and regular size) and the Calendar as well as a neat gear bag in three colors to our website as we already have the other items. I know this is not that much new information for you. As always thank you for your patience! I will post as soon as I have a launch date.

Liz_Harward

Registered
GTD Planner Images

Hi,

I have a few images to share from the Mead coordinator and calendar pages. The coordinator has four types of pages so the photo with the four pages is the paper that is inside. The eight tabs for the cooridnator are as follows, Notes/In;Calendar;Action Lists;Projects/Goals;Agendas;Project Planning/Notes/Reference/Misc and Contacts. We are waiting for our shipment to arrive but I do now have sample that is a final production sample, you can buy now directly from the At-a-Glance website our prices will be the same. If my photos don't come through they will be posted tomorrow- I am having some trouble with the size of the images but you should be able to see at least two jpgs here.

Attached files

funkym

Registered
Liz, I am wondering why you don't have more software for implementing GTD listed at your store?

There are so many good pieces of software for different platforms; there are some crappy programs as well. I think it would help many people to see that GTD can be implemented with many media types and devices in a very productive way.

mcogilvie

Registered
funkym;62019 said:
Liz, I am wondering why you don't have more software for implementing GTD listed at your store?

There are so many good pieces of software for different platforms; there are some crappy programs as well. I think it would help many people to see that GTD can be implemented with many media types and devices in a very productive way.

Maybe that would help some people, but individual needs differ in many ways. I think the platform-agnostic stance by Davidco is a good one, honest, helpful, and principled.

Liz_Harward

Registered
GTD At-A-Glance Planner and Calendar launch tommorow -Nov 13.

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that our paper planners and calendar produced with the At-A-Glance folks will be available in our on-line store tomorrow- Nov 13. I also wanted to mention that we are carrying just the planners, in two sizes and the calendar (letter size) at this time, the At-A-Glance folks have quite a few GTD products and they are duplicates of what we already have in our on-line store with the exception of the in-tray. We have a line of in-trays and I have opted to carry just the planners and calendar right now. We will also have the refills as soon as they are available.

Check the website (product section) they will be there in the morning! (Maybe tonight if I finish early enough and rebuild the catalog!) We will be adding additional photos, I know there are not nearly enough. Do scroll down on the detail image to get all of the photos posted on each product page. Thanks so much for your patience!