What's your purpose of life?

GTDWorks

Registered
Here's my Purpose Statement:

"God is my ever-present Father whose enabling grace is always at work in me so that I may influence others to serve the ever-expanding Kingdom of Jesus Christ."

Here are My Core Life Values:

1. I Value Presence: My continuous prayer is “Holy Spirit, flow through me!” for without the Spirit’s enabling presence at work in my life, my service to God, my family, and the Church is shallow and devoid of eternal impact.

2. I Value Discipline: God is able to use me best when I submit to a disciplined life of whole-person improvement.

3. I Value Spiritual Leadership: I am a spiritual leader who is called to serve the people God places in my trust.

4. I Value Grace-infused Justice: I have been deeply transformed by the grace of Jesus Christ which is at work in and through my life. I enjoy sharing His grace with others and will confront those who engender injustice in the Church and in the corner of the world where I live.

5. I Value my Lover: The Lord created me to love my best friend, R, and I will spend myself pursuing her beauty as we scale the obstacles of life together. I will ever fight for her heart as we hand-in-hand engage life's adventure.

6. I Value my Role as Father: S and N captured my heart at their births and will always have my attention throughout their lives as I keep the channels of communication open to them. My son-in-law, RW, will always know that I love him and that I am one of the men in his life who will run the race with him until we reach the finish line.

7. I Value my calling to be a Developer: I am most alive when God uses me to enable leaders to reach their God-given potential in Kingdom-building ministry.

Cpu_Modern

Registered
TesTeq said:
There is a tricky part in this. How can you really know what God asks you for?
Well, god himself in his scripture is talking about believing, not knowing...

TesTeq said:
Technically speaking - how can you judge that your connection with God is reliable and not tampered with by the Evil One?

... but what you become to know is his voice. You will learn to know him. To recognize him.

And besides of this you still mantain your brains. Yes, it is true, believers are capable of logical thought ;-) The Evil One always tries to you know, leverage your "evil" desires to make you things you'll later regret. Please, I am not saying one knows always 100% what's going on. In a way your point is valid. On the other hand it is really like I wrote: you get to know the Good One like you get to know any other person: by his characteristic traits. When you know somebody for years, you just recognize her/him. This is true for God as well foor anyone made in his image ie mankind.

TesTeq said:
I think that these questions are valid and important in this crazy world where young people explode themselves to kill other people in the name of God.

Good point. That is why God gave us his revelation/opinion about matters in form of the bible. So wee can look up things and decide what kind of stuff he is about. To force people to believe by using methods like suicide bombings... ... is definetly not his style.

tonester

Registered
Trip vs Destination

When I first read the following quote I realised I'd been doing the exact same thing - it was one hell of an "Ah-ha!".

Tony

For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time to still be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
-- Fr. Alfred D'Souza

W

webrover

The time of your life

When you’re frazzled and stressed, stop and take a deep breath, look around and enjoy what you’re doing. In twenty years or so you’ll look back because THIS is the Time of Your Life.
-- Karen (WebRover)

GTDWorks

Registered
As I'm learning to pay better attention to the 20,000-50,000 ft. levels, and am choosing to operate out of that environment more often, I'm experiencing a whole lot less day-to-day stress and a growing sense of connectedness that is bringing me a fuller perspective on who I am and what I'm doing with my days. I now know that what is of utmost value to me will not be missed by the day-to-day press of working/living because I am choosing to disconnect from the maddening pace at least every 7-9 days (Weekly Review) and center on the things that bring me joy and optimism for the future.

M

mrsuccess

The Purpose of Life Is...

Purpose as define by Webster is: “the reason for which something exists, is done, made etc. An intended or desired result, aim or goal. To Intend or resolve.”

Finding life purpose is the determining factor in setting your goals and objectives in life. If a person lacks a clear purpose in their life, career or business it is difficult to set and achieve meaningful goals. Without a life that is purpose driven, people easily lose their direction and motivation or the will to continue when life throws them a curve, they hit a pothole or face difficult challenges.

Without a life purpose it is difficult to develop any sense of satisfaction for accomplishments along life’s path.

In his book, Man’s Search For Meaning Victor Frankl gives a clear connection between finding a purpose in life and goal setting. Frankl, an Austrian Psychiatrist, was a prisoner in the German concentration camps during World War 2. In his award winning book, he details the psychological trauma of the camps and how those who survived attempted to deal with the inhumane conditions.

From his personal experience and professional training, he reveals the connection between a life that is purpose driven and goals:

“It is a peculiarity of man that he can only live by looking to the future, and setting goals, even if he doesn’t achieve them. It orients his efforts, and brings meaning to his suffering. It creates purpose. This is what brings him his salvation in the most difficult of moments of his existence, although sometimes he has to force his mind to the task.”

His insight gives us a clear understanding of the connection between our need to set goals and purpose. When we have a purpose, a goal, it gives us a reason, a cause for our actions - motivation.

If you want to read more of this articles check out http://www.yoursuccessprinciples.com/

tonester

Registered
tonester said:
When I first read the following quote I realised I'd been doing the exact same thing - it was one hell of an "Ah-ha!".

Tony

Heh, I just found this quote on page 25 (ch8) of RFA - DA beat me to it!

T