when to use @agendas vs @calls

JustinAswell

Registered
I’m having trouble using @agendas and @calls. My biggest issue is that I usually forget to check my @agendas/@calls when I talk to or meet someone spontaneously. Example: My brother calls me randomly and we end up talking for a while. After hanging up, I see in my actions under @agendas that I needed to discuss something with him. This also happens with @calls, but not nearly as often. How do you get around this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Justin

GTDWorks

Registered
Justin, it took me awhile to learn to check my lists when I was with someone I knew I had on my @agendas list. Sometimes I'll put the item on my calendar with an alarm if I know I really have to tell a person something important while meeting with them.

pkgtd

Registered
Even if you forget, in a lot of cases, you could easily send them an email or make another call at another time.

GTDWorks

Registered
Mission critical items I add to my lists or calendar. My agenda lists work best for those regularly schedule meetings I have with key partners.

matsuru

Registered
Future Technology

In the future, everyone will be implanted with a microchip. Every time you go near a person, your electronic GTD device will beep beep beep, telling you you have an agenda with this person and automatically, it will launch your @call and @agenda list on the front end so you can see them right away!:lol:

For now, making the initiative to get in touch with the person on the list is the best way to go. And don't beat ourselves up if we forgot we have an @agenda or @call list with that particular person. :D (unless you enjoy doing it very much :p )

Kuntakimp

Registered
JustinAswell;74825 said:
I’m having trouble using @agendas and @calls. My biggest issue is that I usually forget to check my @agendas/@calls when I talk to or meet someone spontaneously. Example: My brother calls me randomly and we end up talking for a while. After hanging up, I see in my actions under @agendas that I needed to discuss something with him. This also happens with @calls, but not nearly as often. How do you get around this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Justin

In my opinion, Calls belong to agenda. There is one theory: don't optimize too early. This theory tells us don't categorize too early, just keep doing for a while and later you will know how to categorize and optimize in the concerns of being compatible with your life.

TesTeq

Registered
Good for police!

matsuru;75386 said:
In the future, everyone will be implanted with a microchip. Every time you go near a person, your electronic GTD device will beep beep beep, telling you you have an agenda with this person and automatically, it will launch your @call and @agenda list on the front end so you can see them right away!:lol:

And every time the policeman will be near you his head-mounted display will show him his agenda with you (for example all speed limit violations)... :)

Oogiem

Registered
Good for Farmers too

matsuru;75386 said:
In the future, everyone will be implanted with a microchip. Every time you go near a person, your electronic GTD device will beep beep beep, telling you you have an agenda with this person and automatically, it will launch your @call and @agenda list on the front end so you can see them right away!

I can see a farm application of that plus augmented reality.

If I used the microchip tags or the rumen boluses on my sheep (which aren't avail. in the US due to the frequency they run at) There is a device that can read the chip data from up to 30 feet away. I could see myself with a pair of sunglasses with a heads up AR display linked to a database and that device so that when I look at a sheep, it reads the tag number and then puts up a list of whatever critical data I have about that sheep. Current problem is that there is no directional data on the tag reading so there is no way to isolate in space which particular sheep you are looking at from just the tag data.

But if you could solve that problem it would be really cool. Right now I have to figure out which sheep it is and look up the data in my spreadsheep I carry with me all the time. Which also involves putting on my reading glasses so I can see it!

Thanks for tweaking my view and making me think of @agendas for individual sheep. :)

For current applications there are some mobile computing face recognition stuff that works that way that MIT and CMU are researching. And it does put up the data about that person when you look at them through your AR glasses. I am sure you could set the system to put up the agenda for that person instead of their contact info.

(off to google the state of the art at MIT and CMU)

oh and another thought. If you have location info from your cell phone, and make that public, and combine it with Geovectors pointing technology so your phone knows who you are pointing at, then you could easily bring up a list of stuff that you need to go over with that person. That requires the other people in your life to have compatible hardware.

There are ways to do almost that right now if you wanted to.

Hmm, I've suddenly made myself another someday/maybe project!