Which GTD app or setup for my pda?

jkder

Registered
I just got a windows mobile 6 pda. I want to put a fast GTD system on it. Currently it comes with Outlook, which I find very unfriendly for GTD. I'd like to either A) make outlook better for GTD, or B) get a new GTD based app for it. Bellow are some specifics on what im looking for.

-It CANT be internet based. I dont have the data plan...which means I dont use email
-also doesnt need to sync to anything
-create categories, easily manageable and customizable
-I want the completed actions to automatically delete or go invisible
...etc, any other GTD components you can think of.

Does anyone know a great app like this for windows mobile 6? If not I wouldnt mind setting up my "Tasks" better for GTD but I dont see any options for making lists/catagories/etc.

Thank you

dragynox

Registered
I use SPB Diary on Windows Mobile to make Outlook nicer. It is a today screen plugin, so is not initially compatible if your phone comes with Touch Flo 3D software (like the HTC Touch Pro). But I found a free program called Second Today which allows you to setup two today screens. So now in the default one I use Touch Flo and in the other I use SPB Diary and some other plug ins that I found useful in previous windows mobile phones.

Jake

jmbotean

Registered
I've used Pocket Informant

You might want to look at Pocket Informant from WebIS. It has both GTD and Franklin-Covey schemes built into it. Lucky you don't have to sync to anything!!!:)

bdavidson

Registered
I would recommend WebIS Pocket Informant which is highly customizable and can customize their Task view to group by Categories (contexts). It's a completely workable solution today, but I also know that they are planning specific GTD-related features in their next major release. But don't bother to wait. It's a great WM GTD solution today.

jkder

Registered
what is the new GTD they are working on called and when is it gonna be out? Im gonna check out the one u said now with the trial. Thx for the help everyone.

bdavidson

Registered
It will still be called Pocket Informant. The version will be 9 instead of 8. If you look on their website at their iPhone product, which was just released with GTD features, you may get a hint of what they have in mind.

jkder

Registered
im not really finding what i need in pocket informant. I really just want a fast way to add text to a list that can have many sub lists, like folders inside one another you can label, where u can move the information from the project list to the next actions list quickly. I dont want to have all this picky stuff having to choose whether a task has a set date,color,alarm and so forth. Allen said that anything that has a date should be in the calender and I agree. Is there a way to make it do this and only this? im finding it too complicated and time consuming...

Pav

Registered
As it's difficult to add and organise electronic lists in Pocket Informant and and other WM software I use Notes in drawing mode to add any though or next action. Then when I process&organize my inboxes, I add it to my electronic lists asking (What's the outcome? What's NA? When's the deadline?). That's a little bit more inconvinient then direct addition to the lists but anyway it works.

As an option I think of using a plain txt or Note file to add any next actions I need. Just think it would be a little bit difficult to organise then Outlook.

funkym

Registered
I just saw that S4BB (the maker of NextAction! for BlackBerry) lists "NextAction! for Windows Mobile" in their "Productivity Comparison" Chart. I can't find it on their website but it seems they will release it very soon. The comparison doc also states that tasks / next actions can be synchronized with desktop task applications as well. So you should keep an eye on that man. NextAction! is the best GTD application you can find for BlackBerry devices and I am sure, the Windows Mobile version will be as cool as the BlackBerry version is!

DaveDargo

Registered
funkym;67137 said:
I just saw that S4BB (the maker of NextAction! for BlackBerry) lists "NextAction! for Windows Mobile" in their "Productivity Comparison" Chart. I can't find it on their website but it seems they will release it very soon. The comparison doc also states that tasks / next actions can be synchronized with desktop task applications as well. So you should keep an eye on that man. NextAction! is the best GTD application you can find for BlackBerry devices and I am sure, the Windows Mobile version will be as cool as the BlackBerry version is!

Graet news if it is coming to Windows Mobile. I used it on my Bleakberry Pearl before upgrading to a WM phone and it was fantastic for managing tasks/next actions