Getting staff to use GTD

jcbender1

Registered
Hi Everyone - this is my first post.
Any tips on how to get GTD implemented into the work place? I got several of my key staffers to read DA's book but they are slow in getting their systems up and running and slow in developing the habits of writing things down etc.
Any suggestions?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
There is a special Forum on GTD Connect that is all about sharing GTD with others. I would suggest checking that out and posting your question there (you've posted this to the Public Forum.)

Attached files

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks! I saw you posted to the Connect Forum on this now too, which is great. I'll also look for some audio/video clips on this. And the latest Coaches' Connection article on "How the DAC staff knows they are "doing" GTD" would be useful too. You may be surprised what GTD can look like in a culture. May be more obvious and more subtle than you think.

TesTeq

Registered
Lead by example, use your WaitingFor list, be patient.

jcbender1;85314 said:
Any tips on how to get GTD implemented into the work place? I got several of my key staffers to read DA's book but they are slow in getting their systems up and running and slow in developing the habits of writing things down etc.
Any suggestions?

1. Lead by example.
  2. Use your WaitingFor list to follow up and track their progress.
  3. Be patient.

Jan Ernest

Registered
To supplement excellent suggestions,I recommend the following:

1. Begin by Training your Management Team.
2. Allow the Management to be the multiplier effect - By having them do GTD within their Departments.