Is anyone using the GTDNext app?

SandyM98

Registered
Hi, I see a lot of posts about todoist, so I just went on and explored, but it doesn't seem to have the features of GTDNext app. I'm curious why I don't see much about people here using it? It handles projects, tasks, lets me add due dates, creates a "today" list etc. I can't decide if I need better software, or just to clean up my lists! Would love to hear back. Thanks!

AnneMKE

Registered
I don't know anything about GTD Next but I'll respond to the last sentence of your post: I spent a lot of time not long ago looking at different platforms, thinking that if I could fill gaps in the one I was using (Todoist), I could finally get on top of things. Nothing seemed much better, but at the same time I started doing the free "guided weekly review" in the GTD podcast every week. Two months later, I can say: problem solved. It wasn't the platform, it was the user, :) The first couple of times I did the guided weekly review, I felt like I wasn't making a dent, but after several weeks of doing it regularly, I really do have a trusted system right now.

mcogilvie

Registered
Hi, I see a lot of posts about todoist, so I just went on and explored, but it doesn't seem to have the features of GTDNext app. I'm curious why I don't see much about people here using it? It handles projects, tasks, lets me add due dates, creates a "today" list etc. I can't decide if I need better software, or just to clean up my lists! Would love to hear back. Thanks!

I can say with great certainty that more features are not necessary. The most important thing is to have processes that work fluidly for you as you collect, organize, et cetera. David Allen's advice really works, but a lot of people want software features that hinder more than help.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
GTDNext is one of two outstanding GTD web apps - Nirvanahq is the other one. Both are quite good, and it is difficult to say which is best. As of today, Nirvanahq has native iOS and Android apps whereas GTDNext has only a mobile app access. GTDNext plans on developing Native apps.

mcogilvie

Registered
GTDNext is one of two outstanding GTD web apps - Nirvanahq is the other one. Both are quite good, and it is difficult to say which is best. As of today, Nirvanahq has native iOS and Android apps whereas GTDNext has only a mobile app access. GTDNext plans on developing Native apps.

I think one of the big problems with web apps is that the conveniences of native apps are largely missing. In Apple-world, that includes Siri integration and share sheets as well as keyboard shortcuts. But they can work ok, and are convenient for cross-platform use.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
Agreed...native apps are much better. I do really like GTDNext and am hoping they have native apps soon.