Thank you for all the kind answers

Alex Hu

Registered
Today I receive my dissertation result in UK, 54
That's a PASS degree
I feel I waste the money from my parents and myself.
I just begin to learn GTD, but I find myself confused with my future goals and vision.
What should I do next?

AnneMKE

Registered
I'm so sorry you had this disappointing result. Of course GTD doesn't answer these important questions by itself; instead, it allows you to see your various commitments, which makes it easier to adjust them when moments of change and disruption come. Maybe you now want to add a new project like "Decide whether to change course based on dissertation result," with next actions like "prepare to talk to parents" and "talk to advisor."

If your reference to suicide is even a little serious, please get specialized help right away. You're at a keyboard, so search "suicide prevention" and your area, and resources will come up. You matter.

Alex Hu

Registered
I'm so sorry you had this disappointing result. Of course GTD doesn't answer these important questions by itself; instead, it allows you to see your various commitments, which makes it easier to adjust them when moments of change and disruption come. Maybe you now want to add a new project like "Decide whether to change course based on dissertation result," with next actions like "prepare to talk to parents" and "talk to advisor."

If your reference to suicide is even a little serious, please get specialized help right away. You're at a keyboard, so search "suicide prevention" and your area, and resources will come up. You matter.
Thank you, Anne.
I feel much better now, I think choosing this course is a bad decision for myself. I haven't really consider if this course trully suits me. I choose it simply because the university gave me the access. I think this is a huge lesson I learned today.

AnneMKE

Registered
Thank you, Anne.
I feel much better now, I think choosing this course is a bad decision for myself. I haven't really consider if this course trully suits me. I choose it simply because the university gave me the access. I think this is a huge lesson I learned today.
Excellent!

TesTeq

Registered
Thank you, Anne.

I wanted to write it but you're a very self-conscious person and you've written it by yourself. That's great!

Everybody has to make bad decisions to gain experience to make better decisions!

You are in the minority of the Earth population that learns how to Get Things Done. That's a HUGE advantage.

Now the question is: what do YOU want?
How do YOU want to help people so they will be happy to pay you for your good work?
Any ideas? Yours, not your parents' or your university's?