Upcoming live webinars

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
In the guided weekly reviews I've listened to, we power through and keep it to an hour(ish) by not taking time for questions. It's really valuable to do them in real time like this, but I'd love to see a second format where we really took time to work through people's questions and challenges.

Anne, you may already know this, but there's a variation of what you're suggesting in the webinar series called the Trust Challenge. Meg, Julie, and I were looking at the ways that lack of trust in one's GTD system show up, and noted that they all came back to not fully doing some part of the weekly review. So we took the three sections and did a webinar on each. The intention was to really get deeper into the questions people had (live and previously submitted), and get past the reasons why any step in the review doesn't get full attention. Here are direct links in case you haven't explored this before.
Part 1: Get Clear
Part 2: Get Current
Part 3: Get Creative

....Mine obviously wouldn't be a fit for David to present himself....
Au contraire! David's big on practicing the basic moves, for a practitioner at any level of experience. No GTD topic too small or routine.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Great reminder; thank you! I have listened to those but it's been a while. Time I went back!

A little more history on that webinar series. We were talking about what people say are the ways GTD doesn't work. In other words, we were looking at the objections people raised. Interestingly, most if not all of the objections tracked back to not doing a thorough weekly review.

TesTeq

Registered
Instead of blocking time for specific tasks, I'm trying to block time for specific contexts -- outputs needing focused attention in this block, small things I can bang out quickly in this block. When I get to that time block I try to crank through the list.
So you've mastered one of the topics that I've proposed for the webinar:
"GTD Controversies Debunked"
(...)
- changing contexts - when? Schedule requirements? External events? Top priority project requirements?

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
I was doing some pretty specific time blocking in September and early October but now I'm finding, as I seem to be finding with everything, that the weekly review reduces the need for it. Instead of blocking time for specific tasks, I'm trying to block time for specific contexts -- outputs needing focused attention in this block, small things I can bang out quickly in this block. When I get to that time block I try to crank through the list. It's amazing how GTD evolves faster the more you actually use it.
The weekly review is key! My time blocking is usually only in the mornings for creative writing or focused work on a large project. All other times, I follow my intuition on what I should be doing next. Cheers!