The tool is innocent (sometimes)

AndrewJMason

Registered
"Like in that bad relationship, you realize they put the toilet paper roll on with the sheets coming from the bottom, not the top, which we all know is fundamental grounds for breaking up or at least serious reconsideration."

Hilarious!

TesTeq

Registered
"Like in that bad relationship, you realize they put the toilet paper roll on with the sheets coming from the bottom, not the top, which we all know is fundamental grounds for breaking up or at least serious reconsideration."

Hilarious!
Hilarious? It's one of the most tragic misunderstandings in relationships! #FromTheTop is the proper way to go!

Oogiem

Registered
" you realize they put the toilet paper roll on with the sheets coming from the bottom, not the top"

Either works if you can explain the reasoning behind your choice.

If you get up in the middle of the night from the top makes it easier to get an appropriate amount without turning on the light and waking up your partner.

If you have cats from the the bottom prevents the cat from unrolling the entire thing at one go because it's fun.

Been in both situations personally.

Suzanna

Registered
As I said in my slice,I am a devoted outlook user. But for some reason I was struggling with some of my personal recurring tasks and checklists. I think it bummed me out to open my work dashboard when I was at home. Not sure what it was but I didn’t like it. So for my fitness routine and some stuff around the home (Thanks to Andrews slice) I installed 2Do and am really happy with it. It doesn’t connect to my outlook And it doesn’t have a web component. But I actually find by limiting it to my phone it Is an easier bucket to check. So now my capturing is either adding to that or sending myself an email. It took some time to adjust but I think it’s gonna work.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I certainly wasn't looking for a shameless plug! HAHAH
You certainly weren't looking for the plug. That's why I had to step in and make it easy for members to listen to you and Andrew.

And I think you were perceptive to notice how you responded to seeing your work dashboard at home. If you don't need to see work stuff at home, better not to, especially if it bums you out. I figure if something bums me out, I need to change the situation. Or at least change how I'm interpreting the situation, if I can't change the situation itself.

AndrewJMason

Registered
While we're plugging :)

I'll go ahead and plug John - I challenge anyone to find a more authentically *kind* human being anywhere on this forum. Like.....legit, "I care about you as an actual person standing in front of me: Kind."

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Very nice of you to say that, Andrew. It's easier to be kind because I get to deal with people I genuinely like -- the GTD Connect members.