Path of Mastery - Deciding What To Do

David Parker

GTD Connect
These short bursts of David talking about aspects of the GTD systematic approach are really inspirational.

They provide a useful reminder of the key tenets of the approach and watching them, even for someone who's been "doing" GTD for years, provides a motivational boost that nudges you back on the wagon just in case you were about to fall off.

Keep doing these, please David. I know you've done these things before (in the "Two Minutes with David Allen" back in the day when we, and you, wore suits and ties) but the new ones are a great refresher.

David

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
You probably noticed that the original 2001 cover of Getting Things Done was suit and tie, while the 2015 edition is without a tie. He doesn't wear suits and ties as often, but it still happens. We just got ahold of some video from last month where he's back in suit and tie. We'll look for some excerpts to post.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
These short bursts of David talking about aspects of the GTD systematic approach are really inspirational.

They provide a useful reminder of the key tenets of the approach and watching them, even for someone who's been "doing" GTD for years, provides a motivational boost that nudges you back on the wagon just in case you were about to fall off.

Keep doing these, please David. I know you've done these things before (in the "Two Minutes with David Allen" back in the day when we, and you, wore suits and ties) but the new ones are a great refresher.

David
Yes, this is how I too decide on what to do most of the time. Per the discussion on the Pomodoro technique, I schedule blocks of time on my calendar. I consider these hard landscape. :D

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
Yes, this is how I too decide on what to do most of the time. Per the discussion on the Pomodoro technique, I schedule blocks of time on my calendar. I consider these hard landscape. :D
I wanted to add one qualification. Before I begin my scheduled Pomodoro, I review my world as it is right then. Is this still the best thing for me to do based on all of the factors that David brings up in this great video? I may have scheduled this two days ago, or even last night. Is my world the same as it was last night? Or do I need thinking time about those new emails on important projects that have identified major problems. As David Allen and the wonderful coaches here always say: "What is on your mind?"

Cheers, everyone! :D:D