Deleting old email in Outlook Inbox Folder!

persistence

Registered
I created a new email account in Outlook 2016 and would like to delete the old Inbox Folder.
When i delete the old inbox folder will it delete all my Contacts that are in that folder,
I use the GTD platform.

Thks

clango

Registered
Here we discuss how to arrive at Inbox zero with GTD. Delete the folder is not valid! :D

However if you Control+A into Inbox to select all the emails and Delete all the old e-mail is not enough? What outcome would you like to achieve?

persistence

Registered
Im trying to make sure that if i delete the old email inbox folder will it delete all my Contacts that are in that folder.Im not just trying to delete the emails.

Thks

John Ismyname

Registered
Hi Persistence; You should not be able to delete an inbox as it is a default folder for every email account. If you remove the entire account in Outlook, you will remove the address book that goes along with it. Lets say your Outlook config has your business email and your personal email with your ISP (i.e. Bell or Rogers) . With Outlook your can drag-and drop the contents of one of your account's contact directory to another. You have my personal email and phone number so "contact" me if you need help.

persistence

Registered
Ok thks for that info.
Another question ..
In the "Personal Folders" section i have a folder called Files.
How would i move that folder to the Shortcut section called "Favorites"

Im using the GTD platform with Outlook 2016

Thks

John Ismyname

Registered
Ok thks for that info.
Another question ..
In the "Personal Folders" section i have a folder called Files.
How would i move that folder to the Shortcut section called "Favorites"

Im using the GTD platform with Outlook 2016

Thks
The "Shorcuts" is not a location, so you can\t move folders there. What you can do is to add your folder location to shortcuts. To do this yu'

1. click "shortcuts" on the menu
2. Right-click on the heading "Shortcuts|
3. Select "Add Shortcut"
4. From the "Add to Folder Pane" window, select the folder you want to add (you can also add other Outlook objects liek calendars and contact directories).
5. Click OK

persistence

Registered
In the "Personal Folders" section in another view i have a folder called... Files.
Im trying to move that folder with all its content to the "Favorites" section ,see attached screen shot

shortcut.PNG

persistence

Registered
Sorry im having a hardtime explanning what im trying to do...
In this picture below it shows the folder "Email Files" under personnel folders that im tring to move to "Favorites" section as show in last picture shown in last posting
So the Emails File folder would... then show up under the Favorites section

Thank You
upload_2018-12-2_20-12-31.png

John Ismyname

Registered
What you do is to right click the e-mail folder and select "Add to favorites". That's it!

Note that the e-folder doesn't get moved. "Favorites" is a bookmark and not a location, per se.

I never knew this feature in Outlook existed so this fun to figure it out :)

Last edited: