David Allen shares about each of the 5 Steps of GTD Workflow

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Our next installment of videos from the GTD Workbook is ready for you to watch or listen. We have just posted 6 new videos about the 5 Steps of GTD workflow. Wait, why 6 videos instead of 5? For Step 2 - Clarify, David recorded additional comments.

If you'd like to see the videos, click on this link. When the page loads, change the Category menu below the player to Path of Mastery. Then click on the Title to select which step you'd like to watch. If you haven't seen the 5 Steps overview, that's a good place to start.

If you'd like the audio version, click on this link, and make the same change to the Category menu to select Path of Mastery.

Scroll down to see the bottom of this screenshot for a visual on changing the Category to Path of Mastery.

upload_2019-9-20_14-17-6.png

Jim

GTD Ninja
Thanks John!

One question: if I try to download the video of Step 5, I get Step_5-Engage.mp3 (which is audio). Other step videos download as expected.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a misconfiguration?

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Thanks John! One question: if I try to download the video of Step 5, I get Step_5-Engage.mp3 (which is audio). Other step videos download as expected. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a misconfiguration?
You're doing everything right. And misconfiguration is a kind way of describing my moving-too-fast mistake. I have just pointed the download link at the video file instead of the audio file. Please try it again and let me know if you still have any issues.

Reactions: Jim

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
David's videos are very good! Of course, I would have liked to have heard comments that one can time block so that one has protected time FOR engaging. :D