GTD & the Sandwich Generation

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
GTD enthusiast Hal Cranmer has written an encouraging blog post for anyone in the "sandwich generation," which is those who are raising children while also caring for aging parents. He begins by acknowledging the overwhelm that many in that generation feel. Then he goes on to summarize the GTD methodology, followed by an exploration of each of the five steps in the GTD workflow.

TesTeq

Registered
Thank you for your kind words John. I see families that are totally overwhelmed on a regular basis. It's why they come to my assisted living homes. They need some relief. I wrote the blog post to help these families.
I didn't know the term "sandwich generation". It's becoming a real problem in Poland so there will be market oportunities here too. There are assisted living homes but I think there is a lack of real support for families. An interesting business development area for productivity expert I suppose.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
This is an outstanding piece! As my brother and I are dealing with issues with my 86 year old father, I can relate. I have my own three adult children and three granddaughters. And my wife of 41 years. And my professorship and national responsibilities. I feel like a walking Dagwood sandwich....:D

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
This is an outstanding piece! As my brother and I are dealing with issues with my 86 year old father, I can relate. I have my own three adult children and three granddaughters. And my wife of 41 years. And my professorship and national responsibilities. I feel like a walking Dagwood sandwich....:D
...And I would not be able to maintain my sanity if I did not have GTD. GTD rocks! :)