Using Collaborative Software with GTD

gtdstudente

Registered
Wondering how collaborative software intersects with your GTD system? Robert Peake of Next Action Associates has written two excellent blog posts about that.

How Does My Company’s Collaborative Software Fit In With GTD?

Best Practices for Using Collaborative Software with GTD

(Robert is also the original architect, from back in 2005, of our GTD Connect online learning library.)
John, With all due respect, if you so please, how about an annual minimalist GTD tool enlightenment as a Maybe/Someday? Thank you

Last edited:

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
John, With all due respect, if you so please, how about an annual minimalist GTD tool enlightenment as a Maybe/Someday? Thank you
Can you say more about what that would look like? I'm thinking that you may mean something like a list of tools, and whether or not they are good for GTD, updated annually. Please let me know if I'm understanding what you mean.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Yes, and it would interesting to hear what people say is required for a "fully functional GTD system." My guess is that some people would be happy with a paper planner or a spreadsheet, and others think that it has to be software that links projects and actions, integrates with email, calendar, and reference, and syncs across devices.

gtdstudente

Registered
Yes, and it would interesting to hear what people say is required for a "fully functional GTD system." My guess is that some people would be happy with a paper planner or a spreadsheet, and others think that it has to be software that links projects and actions, integrates with email, calendar, and reference, and syncs across devices.
Thank you

gtdstudente

Registered
A minimalist system for me is a nice pen, nice loose leaf paper, loose leaf punch, a labeler, some folders, a drawer and a calendar.
I use more than that now, but it would still be functional.

Clayton.
Good point, just because one can operate a minimalist functioning GTD system, one might still miss additional worthwhile functionality