How do you manage sutff that have to bring something to somewhere?

oneman

Registered

For example, if your company runs out of tape and you have to bring the tape you have at home.

Do you put it in the @home field in the context? Or is there another way?

mcogilvie

Registered
Assuming I’m at home, I put the tape in the car. I set a tickler for tomorrow to remind me about the tape. Or I could put it on my calendar, but I prefer the (digital) tickler.

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Assuming I'm in the office when I realize, I'd set a calendar reminder for later the same day so I remember to put it in my backpack when I am at home. The next day, when I check my recurring "daily tasks" list, I am reminded to check my "mobile inbox" aka backpack!
I actually had one of those last week, except "tape" was replaced with "MIDI cable"... Concert went well!

Murray

Registered
If I'm not at home when I capture the action, and it doesn't have to be done on the next day or a particular day, yes I'll put it on the @home context list. Something like "take to work - tape".

That prompts me to put it in my backpack, and when I arrive at work the first thing I do every day is check my backpack.

gtdstudente

Registered

For example, if your company runs out of tape and you have to bring the tape you have at home.

Do you put it in the @home field in the context? Or is there another way?

Immediately place in the car . . . maybe on the dashboard . . . maybe with a post-it on the steering wheel if in the glove-box / trunk