Blackberry Q10 sync to Outlook including tasks and notes?

tominperu

Registered
Is anyone using a Blackberry Q10 (or Z10) and syncing task and notes with Outlook, either via cable or via Outlook Exchange 365? Do you get a full sync including contexts/categories? It woudl be great if this is via the cloud.

Tom

tominperu

Registered
I posted this a year ago but nobody replied. I now have a Q10 so can answer my own question. The phone does sync tasks and notes over the cloud, as well as calender, emails and contacts. This is a great feature I didn't have with the older Blackberry Curve. The sync works very well. The only problem is Remember which is the BB app to view, edit and add notes and tasks is not very user freindly and seems to have some bugs on my phone.

I therefore only use it to add actions for work related tasks I need to input from the phone. I have also migrated all my Outlook notes to Evernote which works very well on the phone.

I am using Ultimate Task Manager which syncs with Toodledo for personal actions not related to work.

Love the phone, just wish Remember was better or a third party app was. I used Next Action which is a pale shadow of its version from the Blackberry 7OS on the Curve. Even worse than Remember. Other apps have also been equally bad.

I could get Toodledo to sync with Outlook (paying a monthly fee) and then access work actions via Ultimate Task Manager but so far I am actually enjoying work and social being separate (were on the same task manager for many years). There is no need for this at present.

nunodonato

Registered
Hi folks!
A few years ago I developed a GTD-specific BlackBerry app called WiseTasks (http://wisetasks.wordpress.com). I then stopped using a BlackBerry and have recentely missed up and thought of going back. I'd like to know if there would be interest in developing such a thing for BB 10. Any tips?

tominperu

Registered
There is a need for a decent app that can better edit the Blackberry 10 native tasks. So there is maybe an opening there.

But judging by how little response to my previous questions on Blackberry 10, very few people use it.

What app you have generate need to compete with Ultiimate To Do list (synced to Toodledo). This is the app that works for me the best. Toodledo syncs with Outlook so it is a workaround from using the native Tasks in the Blackberry.

Boxy07

Registered
Hi folks!
A few years ago I developed a GTD-specific BlackBerry app called WiseTasks (http://wisetasks.wordpress.com). I then stopped using a BlackBerry and have recentely missed up and thought of going back. I'd like to know if there would be interest in developing such a thing for BB 10. Any tips?
There is a need for a decent app that can better edit the Blackberry 10 native tasks. So there is maybe an opening there.

But judging by how little response to my previous questions on Blackberry 10, very few people use it.

What app you have generate need to compete with Ultiimate To Do list (synced to Toodledo). This is the app that works for me the best. Toodledo syncs with Outlook so it is a workaround from using the native Tasks in the Blackberry.

Hi folks,

About 5 months ago I started using the Blackberry Passport and find that this is pretty good phone considering that has the Blackberry Hub which is a major feature/drawcard of using a Blackberry phone (it also has the Amazon App Store which is good but some apps don't work or can't upgrade for some unknown reason? I think this may have something to do with the wraparound code that Amazon places onto apps on their store but I don't know?). I do switch between this phone and a Samsung for work purposes. I am just wondering whether you nunodonato followed through on your creation of a Blackberry app? If so I would be interested in it.

Kind regards,

Boxy07