2 Minute Timer

admsteiner

Registered
Any suggestions for a 2-minute timer? I'm thinking that I don't want to hit more than one button to reset (or start) it. Basically hit a button, it resets to 2 minutes, and go.

Most timers I've seen have variable time setting but no presets. Any ideas or suggestions?

Why do I want this you ask? Primarily because I don't have a real concept of how long two minutes is. I won't stop a task after 2 minutes have passed, but spending a few bucks to get a better idea of how much I can do in 2 minutes will be very helpful.

Thanks,
--Adam

Oogiem

Registered
admsteiner;64508 said:
Any suggestions for a 2-minute timer? I'm thinking that I don't want to hit more than one button to reset (or start) it. Basically hit a button, it resets to 2 minutes, and go.

The Polder variable timer on a lanyard, sold in kitchen cooking places has a feature that once you set the time you just hit stop and then start and it saves the last time you set. We use it all the time when making waffles. I also use it on my Flylady stuff to count down either 15 or 30 minute times.

Here is the model I have

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=159438

The lanyard is especially useful as is the magnet on the back. I can attach it to the refrigerator door if I need to.

admsteiner

Registered
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll take a look at the lanyard one, I think I'd prefer a non-computer one (for the many times I'm not in front of a PC)

--a

DavidRParker

Registered
Try an egg-timer. David has one on his desk.

But seriously, it's not about two minutes. The two minutes is a rule-of-thumb not a do or die!

If it'll take you longer to put it into your system and retrieve it again then you should just do it.

David