2 Palms Outlook

R

rod

I have a Palm TX and my wife has just got a Palm TE2. On our PC we use Outlook for Calendar, Contacts, Tasks etc. I have been synchronising my Palm with Outlook which has been working fine. My wife has also started synchronising with Outlook which is fine for Contacts as we use the same Contact info. I am now starting to get reminders for my wife's appointments and she for mine! We will probably also want to have separate Task lists.

I had hoped that we could address this by one of us using Palm Desktop and the other Outlook but that doesn't seem to be possible. Is there any way of setting our Palms up so that we both use the same Contacts but different Calendars and Task lists (whether using Palm Desktop or Outlook)? Are there any 3rd party programs which handle this (PocketMirror, Beyond Contacts etc.)?

We are using Palm Desktop Version 4.2 which appears to synch directly with Outlook (I think previous versions may have come bundled with PocketMirror to do this).

Rod

V

Vramin

Right click over the hotsync icon in your tray and choose Custom from the menu. You should see a dropdown that has your device name and your wife's device name. Choose the one you want to alter. Now you can go into each of the sync areas and set the default action to do nothing for either of the devices.

R

rod

That would mean that for one of the Palms wouldn't synch the folder (Calendar, Tasks etc.) with the PC at all. What I had hoped to do was either that we could each specify the folder we synch with on an individual folder basis - e.g. for Contacts we both synch with the same Outlook folder but for Calendar and Tasks one of us synchs with Outlook and the other synchs with Palm Desktop. That doesn't seem to be possible as Palm Desktop doesn't allow you to specify which application you synch with on an individual folder basis.

The other possibility would be if there was a 3rd party application which would allow you to do this but I haven't managed to find one yet.

Rod

maclaren

Registered
rod said:
The other possibility would be if there was a 3rd party application which would allow you to do this but I haven't managed to find one yet.
If you're willing to switch to Palm Desktop, SyncUs does what you want.

--rick