3 new webinars with David Allen on the way

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi GTD Connect members,

This is an advance notice that David Allen will be presenting 3 new live webinars, exclusively for members. We're looking at having the first one around June 25th, and the next ones two and four weeks later. I'll post as soon as we have confirmed dates and a registration link for you.

This is a rough idea of the content for each.

1- Optimizing your system for priority choices, moment to moment
Are your systems set up to support your "real" world strategies for doing?

2- Crafting your "external brain" -- building your integrated life-management system
Personal system customization and integration

3- Areas of Focus
New angles and approaches

I'll update you with more news as it shows up.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Here is an update on dates and times. We chose to do these early in the day Pacific time to allow for our European members to join the live webinars.

July 1, 8:00am PDT - Areas of Focus
July 16, 7:00am PDT - Crafting your "external brain" - building your integrated life management system
July 24, 7:30am PDT - Optimizing your system for priority choices, moment to moment

MikeP

Registered
The topics sound very interesting! My calendar is now blocked off and once I see the links to register I will renegotiate any conflicts.

Oogiem

Registered
Will they be recorded for later playback? I already have one conflict that I cannot reschedule.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Oogiem said:
Will they be recorded for later playback? I already have one conflict that I cannot reschedule.

Yes, we plan to record all three and post them in the webinar archives.

greeno

Registered
You guys are bad for my sleep schedule, but I can't resist a webinar with David. Sometimes being in Sydney really sucks!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
greeno said:
You guys are bad for my sleep schedule, but I can't resist a webinar with David. Sometimes being in Sydney really sucks!

Thanks for staying up late with us. I know the schedule for these three webinars isn't easy for those of you in Australia. We scheduled these early in the day for US time zones, so that folks in Europe would be more likely to attend in their late afternoon. But we'll look into doing the next batch at a more reasonable time for you.

hikerpa

Registered
Just wanted to thank David and John for a great webinar yesterday!! I loved the set up and the time allotted to work on our Areas of Focus. It also gave me plenty of ideas of what I might need to add to mine. Thanks again for a great presentation!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
hikerpa said:
Just wanted to thank David and John for a great webinar yesterday!! I loved the set up and the time allotted to work on our Areas of Focus. It also gave me plenty of ideas of what I might need to add to mine. Thanks again for a great presentation!

So glad you were able to join us for the live webinar. It was so valuable to me to hear what David had to say, and to find out how you all are dealing with Areas of Focus. In fact, I stumbled a bit trying to take notes while still handling the logistics.

I'm looking forward to the next to, on July 16 and 24.

Futureself

Registered
I missed the Areas of Focus webinar. Do you have an approximate timeframe that you expect it to be posted to the archive? Thanks!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Futureself said:
I missed the Areas of Focus webinar. Do you have an approximate timeframe that you expect it to be posted to the archive? Thanks!

I'm working on it today. Hope to have it posted within a couple of days. I'll announce it here and provide a link as soon as it's up.

FrDavid

Registered
I really enjoyed the live webinar today. It was my first to attend at a new member to GTD Connect. The biggest takeaway for me was to be more intentional about protecting time to define my work. I'm looking forward to making that happen in my practice--thanks again!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
FrDavid said:
I really enjoyed the live webinar today. It was my first to attend at a new member to GTD Connect. The biggest takeaway for me was to be more intentional about protecting time to define my work. I'm looking forward to making that happen in my practice--thanks again!

It was good to "see" you on the webinar today. Glad you could join us. Today's webinar was less formal, more philosophical. At one point I could hear Kathryn in the background, so I opened an instant messaging chat to let her know the sound was coming through on the webinar. That's when you heard me typing, and David had to remind me to mute myself. That's poetic justice!

I'll get the recording from today posted soon. Possibly by tomorrow, and for sure by early next week.

Oogiem

Registered
Looking forward to the recording. For obvious reasons other work took priority for me and I missed it.