• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

43 Folders Yes or No

I have a "tickler", if you will, to check my tickler file as part of my morning routine. In my case, my ticklers are mostly recurring actions (running various system reports, weekly review, stuff like that). I track them on index cards, and if I have backup paper material, I generally put it in my "waiting on" folder (computer or manila, depending if it's hard/soft copy), and put a crossref to that file on the index card for the action. I don't tend to have very many supporting docs for my tickers, so that works better for me than having an 8 1/2 * 11 tickler file as well as an indexcard tickler file to check daily. Your mileage may vary, some cars not for use with some sets. :)
 
Top