• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

A general summary of the GTD approach/system

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
A few years ago I read a summary of the GTD method. I was impressed by what I read. I now want to put it to use, but have forgotten many of the details.

I am wondering if anyone can point me to that paper or one like it. As I recall it was about 5 or 6 pages in PDF format. I may have pulled it from the David Allen site, but can't find it now.

Any help is appreciated.

Toph.
 
Re: A general summary of the GTD approach/system

TipTop said:
A few years ago I read a summary of the GTD method. I was impressed by what I read. I now want to put it to use, but have forgotten many of the details.

I am wondering if anyone can point me to that paper or one like it. As I recall it was about 5 or 6 pages in PDF format. I may have pulled it from the David Allen site, but can't find it now.

Any help is appreciated.

Toph.
Don't know that this is the one you read, but it certainly fits your request:
Basic Guidelines: Getting Things Done - The Art of Stress Free Productivity by David Allen

Carolyn
 
Buy the book. The title is Getting Things Done, and the author is David Allen. The book not only takes you through the theory, it will also lead you by the hand through "booting up" your system. Your bookstore probably has a copy. If not, they can order it for you. If you don't want to leave your delighful home, Amazon will drop a copy on your doorstep.

Don't worry about the cost. It's cheap. And when you count in all the time you would otherwise spend going down blind alleys, this book is the bargain of the century.
 
Whether or not you buy the book, buy the FAST CD set.

It's the best $90+ I believe I've ever spent. It probably will be for you, too, provided ou listen to it several times.

I've had the CD set about 7 weeks, have listened to it all the way through a half-dozen times, and I still replay parts of it to jog my memory on key elements.
 
Top