• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

A new job, a new office: which supplies should I get? What am I missing?

I am setting up a new office at a new job. It lookes like I will have 3 main work spaces: one office in a university, one office in a hospital, and my home office. Both work offices are brand new. Home office needs major restructuring. I was thinking of making an exactly identical system in all 3 offices. It will include

Desk, filing cabinets, computer connected to printer.

An inbox with 2 levels:
1. Inbox
2. Planner (calendar, contacts, daily food tracking checklist)

A labeler.
A billboard; on it: the workflow chart.

4 drawers:
1. Tickler file drawer: 31 days, 12 months = 43 folders;
2. Alphabetical filing for all things (administrative, personal, project support material)
3. Alphabetical filing for articles drawer (I use a lot of reference research articles to read)
4. Drawer for extra clothes, office and technical supplies and snacks.

In drawer 4:
1. Tylenol for headaches
2. Toothbrush and toothpaste
3. Extra clean files foldesrfor easy grabbing and use
4. Extra pens, pencils, eraser, sharpener, ruler, notepads.

Post-it notes.
A small writing pad.
A large writing pad.

A cup for:
1 pencil,
1 pen,
1 eraser,
1 pencil sharpener,
1 ruler.
paperclips.
stapler.

What else?
Thank you!
 
I like to have an Outbox (or, in your situation, more than one) for stuff that needs to move from one site to another -- from University to Home, for example.

Cheers,
Roger
 
I know, I'm sorry that our free article system is not as easy as it could be. The marketing team is working on fixing that.

I've attached it here for you instead.

Attached files image_714.pdf (453.5 KB) 
 
kelstarrising;92440 said:
I know, I'm sorry that our free article system is not as easy as it could be. The marketing team is working on fixing that.

I've attached it here for you instead.

Kelly, you are a star!! Thank you
 
Top