A Step-by-Step Guide to Growing Bananas in Your Garden

WilliamCawley

Registered
Having access to tasty, healthy bananas is fantastic. If you have a great indoor growing location or live in a warm climate, gather the top-reviewed items you will need and find out how to get the most out of banana plant gardening by reading the post below.

✪✪✪ Find More Information:
TOP-Rated Products from TheKingLive.com
XxHxp2r.gif

Necessary things

• Banana plant
  • Sufficient indoor or outdoor space
  • Water
  • Rich, fertile soil
  • Knife
  • Shovel
How to grow banana plants

1. Choose a planting site

I1lkmYy.jpg

Look up the temperature and humidity of your site. Advisably, humidity should be 50% or more and be as constant as possible. Daytime temperatures are ideally between 78–86ºF (25–30ºC), with night temperatures at least 67ºF (20ºC). Proper temperatures are warm and not lower than 57ºF (14ºC) or higher than 93ºF (34ºC).

Look for the sunniest area in the yard. Banana plants thrive with 12 hours of direct, bright sunlight daily. While they could possibly grow with less (albeit more slowly), it’s better to go for the spot in the yard that gets the most sun.

Select an area with good drainage. Though bananas need a lot of water, they are prone to rotting in case the water doesn’t drain adequately. To test drainage, you should dig a hole of 1 ft. (0.3 m) deep, fill it with water, allow it to evacuate, and then refill it once empty. Estimate how much water remains after 60 minutes. Around 7-15 cm water drainage each hour is ideal for your banana plants.

Allow adequate space. With good reason, people often mistake banana plants, which are technically herbs, for trees. Some individuals and varieties can reach 25ft. (7.6 m) in height. You should rather check your banana plant’s source or go to local banana growers for an accurate estimate for the locale as well as variety.

─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ –

Read More: Highest Rated Products on TheKingLive.com

v5I8BIt.gif

─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ –

Consider growing your plant indoors. You will need an indoor location with the same requirements (12 hours bright light aside from constant warm temperature and humidity) if your outdoor environment is not adequate.

2. Plant the banana plant

fygSjOh.jpg

Choose your planting material. You can get a banana sucker from a plant nursery, another grower, or purchase one online after reading the top reviews. A banana rhizome is the base in which suckers grow. To create a higher fruit yield, people generate tissue cultures in laboratories. In case you want to transplant a mature plant, prepare a hole which is appropriate for its size, and ask an assistant to help you.

Trim the plant. Don’t forget to cut off any discolored, dead, rotting, or insect-eaten sections of your plant. Dispose of the plant if most of which is affected, away from others, and look for other planting material.

Dig holes for plants. After getting rid of any weeds growing on your planting site, dig a circular hole of 1ft. x 1 ft. (30 cm deep and 30 cm wide). A larger hole will give better support for your plant but require more soil. If you cultivate them indoors, use a planting pot of this size or bigger.

Use loose, rich soil to fill the hole mostly. Leave some inches (a few centimeters) of space at the top to promote drainage. Use neither potting soil nor the regular garden soil unless it’s suitable for sure. Soil mixes for cacti can generate good results; alternatively, you can ask other growers of the similar banana variety.

Place your plants upright in the new soil. Their leaves should point upward. Also, the soil should cover the plant roots and 0.5–1 inch (1.5–2.5 cm) of the base. Keep the soil in place by tamping it down.

⊹⊹⊹⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹

✱✱✱ Further Reading:
T9F0ySY.gif
How to choose best product on TheKingLive.com

⊹⊹⊹⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹

In short

Banana plants are possibly a delicious addition to your garden. They are easy to grow and are considered a useful landscape plant. Make sure you find the best products for excellent preparation and refer to the ultimate guide above to include them seamlessly in the home gardens.

Last edited:

TesTeq

Registered
I'm new to GTD done but enjoying it. Question: when people go over their lists each week, how do they approach scheduling what to do? I wonder if it makes sense to set aside blocks of time each week for specific projects, and then look at my GTD lists to see what next actions to take. That said, I know one part of GTD is keeping the calendar clean and not scheduling unless it's a hard deadline.

Thoughts/strategies on how to better plan and schedule when I go through my lists?
I think GTD is all about doing what you want to do and NOT doing what you know you don't want to do. If time blocking helps you achieve this state go for it! @Longstreet

mcogilvie

Registered
I'm new to GTD done but enjoying it. Question: when people go over their lists each week, how do they approach scheduling what to do? I wonder if it makes sense to set aside blocks of time each week for specific projects, and then look at my GTD lists to see what next actions to take. That said, I know one part of GTD is keeping the calendar clean and not scheduling unless it's a hard deadline.

Thoughts/strategies on how to better plan and schedule when I go through my lists?

The approach gtd takes is to schedule as little as possible, and to make the best choice in the moment based on context, time available, energy and priority. Over-scheduling can lead to all sorts of problems, including the bad feeling when a schedule proves to be unrealistic. I find that breaking major projects down to smaller next actions is much more effective than trying to set aside large time blocks in my day. If you feel things you need or want to do are not getting done, it is important to ask why. Chances are it is not for lack of time. Of course, it’s fine to make a habit of working on an important project early most mornings, or to try to grab an hour to focus on a project with a deadline. I would avoid scheduling too much when starting with gtd. I think you will find that “mind like water” is really apt.

Oogiem

Registered
Question: when people go over their lists each week, how do they approach scheduling what to do?
I don't schedule things except for very rarely. For me most time blocking doesn't' work. The only exception has been to block some set time for working on things that need detailed specific focus at my prime biological time to work. But I usually don't decide which of the projects that require deep focus I'll work on in that time.

For me, the strict discipline of calendar are only time specific things works. The other calendar items of day specific things work better for me as due dates in my task manager. I have those only sparingly.

My calendar is also more of a place I put what I did as a diary record.

Jared Caron

Nursing leader; GTD enthusiast

I don't necessarily interpret GTD as an anti-calendar or anti-schedule system. It just cautions against misuse of the calendar as a to-do list. I work in a very fast paced, meeting-heavy, committee-centric, calendar-grabbing environment. So i find i have to schedule a lot of things just to make sure i have the necessary time to do them; if i leave open space it gets stolen. So I've adopted the following approach during my weekly review:

1. During the "review next actions lists" step, I identify actions that I intuitively know will need to be scheduled. These tend to be thngs that are either:
    1. Time consuming (usually more than 30 minutes)
    2. High-focus/high energy activities where i need enough time to build mental momentum
  2. I will simply write "schedule" in front of all these existing actions as i am reviewing my lists.
  3. When I get to the "review future calendar" step of the WR, I'll pull up my action lists in a separate window (im using outlook), and search for subject lines containing "schedule"
  4. Then while i'm reviewing the upcoming calendar and capturing the new stuff to prep for or blocking travel time/etc, I can find the appropriate time and block or book those tasks into my calendar. This also allows intuitive prioritizing around deadlines and such.

I have found this to be absolutely game changing, especially when your next action on a project involves some higher level thinking, brainstorming, strategy, or just untangling a messy problem. I know personally I need to create the space to get my brain to that level, and if its ever going to happen I have to protect the time in my calendar.

The other side to this is making sure when you are clarifying your inbox to really finish the thinking on your next actions. Your next action is not always the first action that comes to mind when you look at something out of your inbox. There are some things you might come across in your inbox or mind sweeps where your (best) next-action will be to schedule time to take a deep dive on something. That's a legitimate next action. And typically you can do that type of thing in two minutes (or delegate to an assistant).

Hope it helps, and welcome to the GTD community. It's a journey, not a destination :)