• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Action List in Tasks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
I just began using the Outlook Add-In, and I have a question.....

When I am setting up a new task, on the top right side there is a drop-down box for actions. Is there a reason why this list is not in order? My list reads:

Projects
!Today
@Agendas
@Anywhere
@Calls
@Computer
@Deferred
@Errands
@Home
@Office
@Purchase
@Review
@Travel
EMAIL
Someday

If an ! comes before anything, shouldn't the !Today be first? And why is Project at the top? Also, is there a specific place to view all actions? I know how to view all categories and the Master Category list, but what about an Action list?

I apologize if these are dumb questions.

Thanks,
Natalie
 
Projects is a special list, the rest are Next Actions lists, the Projects list is somewhat different.

Next Actions are things you can do, Projects are goals that require multiple actions.
 
Top