• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Address book?

I had been using a palm that syncs with Outlook but now use TiddlyWiki and D*I*Y Planner as my GTD system. But that leaves me with just contacts in Outlook. I use Thunderbird for email at home but do not like the address book they have. One of the main features I need is to be able to easily print out my contacts so I have them in my planner.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
 
I'm a Apple user so by default I use the Apple address book. It provides a number of options for printing addresses out.

I note that you have/had a Palm. The desktop portion of Palm comes with a good address book. I believe (from my PC days) that it also has the option to print out your addresses. Nice part about this is that it is free -- if you don't have the disk go to the Palm web site (www.palm.com/us/software/desktop/).
 
plain old paper?

I don't know whether you want to be digital for the addresses or not, but I use a simple (and cheap!) paper one. In my case, I like the A-Z tabbed section of my DayRunner/DayTimer.
 
Top