• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

advice on personal finance software?

  • Thread starter Thread starter geoff
  • Start date Start date
G

geoff

Guest
Hi,

I am looking for personal finance management software which is Apple OS X compatible. I don't have to track stocks and like right now. I would like an alternative to quicken.

Thanks, Geoff
 
A couple of non-quicken Mac OS X software I've tried:

For a while I used iBank . It looks nice (and it is) but it was painfully slow on my older iMac.

Now I've been using Moneydance and lke it really. It is a java program so it isn't Mac OS X native, but it still seems to work great for me. With the added bonus that it is cross-platform so I can also copy my datafile to a usb key, carry it to work, and edit things with my Windows box.
 
Hmmm.

Well, I use Quicken 2004...does a great job. In fact, I have used Quicken for many years...never had a problem with it.

Just my food for thought.

Bob
 
syncing money or other w/outlook?

Has anyone heard of a way to sync a personal finance app (like money, quicken, or any other) with outlook? I'd like to avoid having to open the app to check what bills need to be paid, etc - i'd like those tasks to go straight into outlook for me so i only have one 'dashbooard' to keep track of.

looking forward to your ideas...
CJrox
 
Top