Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant for PocketPC?

T

tim99

MLO just issued its PocketPC edition and I am going to try using a PocketPC again. I know that Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant have both had upgrades since a few years ago when I tried them out and did a little research.

Which one do you prefer using and why?

I am planning on using MLO, ListPro, and AF or PI. I am going to look at PhatNotes. Are there any other programs that you would recommend me looking into?

Thanks,

tim99.

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
I initially trialed both AF and PI about 4-5 years ago when I first got a PPC. I prefered PI at the time and stuck with it, but from what I have heard they are quite similar and it's just a case of which user interface you prefer. I have no experience of MLO. But PI has always been sufficient for my needs (which are fairly basic on my PPC).

Paul

T

tim99

Thanks.

Is one better with lists so I would not need ListPro?

Is one better with projects?

tim99.

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
To be honest I wouldn't know.

I keep my use of PI very very basic. All I really wanted to use it for was an easy way of collapsing and expanding my lists by context. It does a great job of that. I don't even use PI as a calendar function as I find the basic Calendar in a PPC to be fine for my needs. Same with Contacts.

There are a million and one features that I don't use in PI, which every now and again I wonder about using, but unless they directly synch back to my MS Outlook on my PC, I don't see the value - e.g. I blieve PI can handle nesting heirarchies of tasks, but I know that Outlook can't, so I never bother with it, as nice as it may be.

Paul

B

Bob Burtt

tim99 said:
Thanks.

Is one better with lists so I would not need ListPro?

Is one better with projects?

tim99.

I have also tried them both...have stuck with Pocket Informant for years...love it.

I also use List Pro...WICKED piece of software. So easy to use, so functional. I use it for all my lists including projects. If it didn't sync, I would dump it, but it does, and does it well. I am very happy with List Pro.

Bob :smile:

T

TJMurphy

I used AF and ListPro. I've looked at the PI website and have been thinking about switching - as much for a change as anything else as there's not been a lot of new stuff coming in AF recently.

Unless you're a very light user of ListPro I doubt very much that you could replace ListPro with either AF or PI to be honest, it's far too flexible a program. Just for an example, I'm not aware of any way you can reset a list in AF or PI.

dgorecki

Registered
Both AF and PI are very good. I use PI because it seems faster, and I use the Journal synching feature (to outlook Journal).

As for Listpro, I agree that it's a very good program ( I own this one also). However, I stopped using it *because* of it's synching. The problem for me is that it only synchs at the file level, whereas I need to have it synch at the record level. There are many times I'm working at my desk on Listpro, have to leave my desk to go to a meeting, and would like to add more items on my PPC. Now I have a problem where both files have been updated. Now, this would not be a problem if you always synch before using the other device, but that's not always practical.

This is THE one area that I find Palm apps shine. Most of them synch at the record level, where most of the PPC apps synch at the file level.

philb2k

Registered
Try PocketBreeze. Using this I do my GTD from the today screen and don't bother with AF or PI. Great piece of software with 14 day trial.

Cheers,

Phil.