• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant for PocketPC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tim99
  • Start date Start date
T

tim99

Guest
MLO just issued its PocketPC edition and I am going to try using a PocketPC again. I know that Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant have both had upgrades since a few years ago when I tried them out and did a little research.

Which one do you prefer using and why?

I am planning on using MLO, ListPro, and AF or PI. I am going to look at PhatNotes. Are there any other programs that you would recommend me looking into?

Thanks,

tim99.
 
I initially trialed both AF and PI about 4-5 years ago when I first got a PPC. I prefered PI at the time and stuck with it, but from what I have heard they are quite similar and it's just a case of which user interface you prefer. I have no experience of MLO. But PI has always been sufficient for my needs (which are fairly basic on my PPC).

Paul
 
Thanks.

Is one better with lists so I would not need ListPro?

Is one better with projects?

tim99.
 
To be honest I wouldn't know.

I keep my use of PI very very basic. All I really wanted to use it for was an easy way of collapsing and expanding my lists by context. It does a great job of that. I don't even use PI as a calendar function as I find the basic Calendar in a PPC to be fine for my needs. Same with Contacts.

There are a million and one features that I don't use in PI, which every now and again I wonder about using, but unless they directly synch back to my MS Outlook on my PC, I don't see the value - e.g. I blieve PI can handle nesting heirarchies of tasks, but I know that Outlook can't, so I never bother with it, as nice as it may be.

Paul
 
tim99 said:
Thanks.

Is one better with lists so I would not need ListPro?

Is one better with projects?

tim99.

I have also tried them both...have stuck with Pocket Informant for years...love it.

I also use List Pro...WICKED piece of software. So easy to use, so functional. I use it for all my lists including projects. If it didn't sync, I would dump it, but it does, and does it well. I am very happy with List Pro.

Bob :smile:
 
I used AF and ListPro. I've looked at the PI website and have been thinking about switching - as much for a change as anything else as there's not been a lot of new stuff coming in AF recently.

Unless you're a very light user of ListPro I doubt very much that you could replace ListPro with either AF or PI to be honest, it's far too flexible a program. Just for an example, I'm not aware of any way you can reset a list in AF or PI.
 
Both AF and PI are very good. I use PI because it seems faster, and I use the Journal synching feature (to outlook Journal).

As for Listpro, I agree that it's a very good program ( I own this one also). However, I stopped using it *because* of it's synching. The problem for me is that it only synchs at the file level, whereas I need to have it synch at the record level. There are many times I'm working at my desk on Listpro, have to leave my desk to go to a meeting, and would like to add more items on my PPC. Now I have a problem where both files have been updated. Now, this would not be a problem if you always synch before using the other device, but that's not always practical.

This is THE one area that I find Palm apps shine. Most of them synch at the record level, where most of the PPC apps synch at the file level.
 
Try PocketBreeze. Using this I do my GTD from the today screen and don't bother with AF or PI. Great piece of software with 14 day trial.

Cheers,

Phil.
 
Top