• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Another low-tech filing aid

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
The Globe-Weiss EverydayFile and Fast Sorter. This is basically an expandable book of A to Z sections. If you are catching up on a back log, it takes a lot more time to go back and forth between the tasks of process and file. With this, I process, highlight the key word on the paper that I will file the paper under or write it on a sticky note. After I am tired of processing, I can start the filing. All the items are sorted by letter. One trick is that if you put into the book some paper on a given subject and then find a related paper, it is better not to go searchng through to connect them during processing time.
 
Top