Any Windows 8 apps recommended?

jedimonkey

Registered
I've been looking around for something to use for my system using Windows 8. I have a laptop and tablet, as well as a computer at work, and would like to keep lists in sync across devices. But I'd prefer a dedicated app vs. a website if possible.

I've tried going through the store and looking through relevant apps, particular in the Productivity category. Taskorami looks really nice but it seems really hard to use vs. OmniFocus; it's nice that it has both a context and project view but I still spend a lot of time navigating around vs. getting stuff entered quickly. The one good thing I can say about it is that it's gotten better over time.

I've also looked at Tasks by Telerik, which seems a bit easier to use but unfortunately only syncs over an Exchange server which isn't that convenient for me.

There are a bunch of light todo apps and pinboard apps, but those seemed like the only serious contenders for a more serious GTD system out of what I saw.

Has anyone found anything that has worked well on Windows 8 yet? Or have there been any detailed reviews of the various options? If not maybe I'll try to put something together...if so I'd appreciate the insight :)

Rambaldi

Registered
jedimonkey;104485 said:
I've been looking around for something to use for my system using Windows 8. I have a laptop and tablet, as well as a computer at work, and would like to keep lists in sync across devices. But I'd prefer a dedicated app vs. a website if possible.

I've tried going through the store and looking through relevant apps, particular in the Productivity category. Taskorami looks really nice but it seems really hard to use vs. OmniFocus; it's nice that it has both a context and project view but I still spend a lot of time navigating around vs. getting stuff entered quickly. The one good thing I can say about it is that it's gotten better over time.

I've also looked at Tasks by Telerik, which seems a bit easier to use but unfortunately only syncs over an Exchange server which isn't that convenient for me.

There are a bunch of light todo apps and pinboard apps, but those seemed like the only serious contenders for a more serious GTD system out of what I saw.

Has anyone found anything that has worked well on Windows 8 yet? Or have there been any detailed reviews of the various options? If not maybe I'll try to put something together...if so I'd appreciate the insight :)

Nice to meet a fellow Windows 8 user in this mostly Mac-centric world (just kidding, don't hit me :grin:).

I was looking for the same thing as you and haven't found anything yet. Obviously, the Windows 8 Store is still in it's infancy, so it's worth checking again from time to time. Currently, I'm using a combination of Outlook 2013 (ok, it's not a Windows 8 app...), gSyncit, and toodledo Pro. I don't particularly recommend it, but it does the job for now. But I will certainly reassess this as other possibilities emerge.

eibrahim

Registered
Taskorami on Win 8

Hi there... This is the author of Taskorami. My goal is to create the BEST GTD app on windows 8 and potentially on every platform. Before I created taskorami, I used omnifocus for 2 years and before that RTM. I really LOVED using omnifocus but didn't like the fact that it was mac only and I spend 90% of my day in windows... So I used Omnifocus as inspiration for Taskorami.

We are not 100% there because creating software takes time, creating great software takes more time, and creating great software part-time with a day job takes even more time :)

Taskorami has:
Context views
Project views
Review screens
Project and context status (on hold, active, completed and dropped)
You can sync across all your windows 8 machines
You can pin multiple projects and contexts to your start scree - see http://bit.ly/YB6qUE
You can also email tasks to taskorami by simply sending an email to task@taskorami - a great way for collecting tasks incoming through email.

We are also constantly adding features and updates...

More Importantly
We need the help of dedicated and hard core GTD users like yourselves to help us fine tune Taskorami and make it the ONE gtd app you will want to use... Checkout our community page at https://taskorami.uservoice.com and let us know what you think.

I would love nothing than to quit my job and work on Taskorami full time, but I need more users before I can do that :)

Thanks again for your feedback.

TesTeq

Registered
What's the implementation of sycing?

eibrahim;104729 said:
You can sync across all your windows 8 machines

What's the implementation of syncing? Your own server? Dropbox? Any encryption? TNO encryption?