• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anybody been to Leveraging Focus Vision Seminar?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Hi all...

My wife and I attended the GTD seminar in Boston in October (outstanding as usual...I originally took the Managing Accelerated Productiveity seminar from David back in 89, so I was auditing...and my wife was going through it for the first time).

Now I'm interested in the Leveraging Focus & Vision seminar. If anyone who has been through that would care to share their thoughts and experiences with that seminar, I'd appreciate it!

Kent :)
 
Re: Anybody been to Leveraging Focus & Vision Seminar?

AFOne said:
Now I'm interested in the Leveraging Focus & Vision seminar. If anyone who has been through that would care to share their thoughts and experiences with that seminar, I'd appreciate it!

Wow, where would I start?

I attended my first Getting Things Done (at the time called MAP : Managing Actions and Projects) in November, 1997. In April of 2000, I took the Focus/Vision seminar.

What I got from the April seminar complimented what I learned up to that point. The books on purpose, mission statements, ideal scenes, setting goals, time management…they all got me to the place I needed to really consider what I wanted to focus on.

Perhaps my biggest learning: in order to get ideas, I must to be open to brainstorming. Get into a room, with a group, surrounded by tools to have ANY idea possible. If I focus on brainstorming... I always discover there are many (if not hundreds or even thousands) of techniques to get what I want. Those ideas where always there, this seminar just brought me to them.
 
Focus/vision seminar

I went to both seminars. Focus and vision is GTD at the higher levels.
It was terrific. I would really like to take it again now that I am more comfortable with GTD.
 
can anybody give me more detail on what I learn at Leveraging Vision workshop

thank you
 
Top