Anybody have a copy of Lookout they can email me?

A

Anonymous

As noted in earlier messages - Lookout is currently not available from their website due to the Microsoft acquisition. Any organized person out there have the latest version they might email out? I'll buy the person a beer in Miami or Denver/Boulder in exchange.
Best regards,
Dano

Fallows

Registered
Lookout

Yes. I have an install file from April (but if you install it, it will then automatically collect the new version from Msft. ) Where should I send it?

A

Anonymous

Thank you both.

Thanks Fallows and Helenjc.

I decided to use the download link.

Dano

M

mochant

That link will work

Microsoft has made Lookout 1.2 available at the link in the previous post. I'm not sure if they've made this decision because it was part of their acquisition strategy all along or because of all the complaints bloggers (including MS bloggers) made about the short-term decision to make it unavailable.

It's a great tool for Outlook users and you should definitely try it out if you use Outlook. The impact on a GTD workflow when you can find anything in Outlook in seconds is extraordinary and can fundamentally change the amount of time and approach you take to processing your digital information.

There's been a tremendous amount written about Lookout. My blogs have a number of articles about how Lookout has impacted my approach to GTD. If you do a search at Feedster.com for GTD and Lookout, you'll find all the justification you need to add this tool to your kit.

ceehjay

Registered
Does anyone know if Lookout is compatible with Windows 98SE? It isn't listed as a supported operating system.

Carolyn

M

mochant

Lookout requires the .Net Framework

ceehjay said:
Does anyone know if Lookout is compatible with Windows 98SE? It isn't listed as a supported operating system.

Carolyn

Lookout is built on the .Net framework which does not run on Windows 98.

In what appears to be an ongoing game of download hide-and-seek, Lookout, which was available from the Microsoft download site is now available (again) from the Lookout site itself.

http//www.lookoutsoft.com/Lookout/download.html

TonTemblo

Registered
I know this is an old Thread, but as same old is Lookout!!
It isn´t compatible with Outlook 07 and Windows Vista, because it isn´t developed anymore since 5 years!

I just wanted to mention this! :)
If anybody of you searchs for another extremly fast search tool for Outlook which is even desktop search I can recommend you Lookeen.

www.lookeen.net

It has the same features of Lookout and even a few new one, beside this it is developed, modern and very reliable!
Don´t want to make andvertisment...I just found it and be so amazed that I just wanted everybody who miss Lookout know about this tool. Because I was an Lookout user before too and was very sad until I found Lookeen.