• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anybody using emacs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
I'm currently using Wiki-pages for handling my different lists, but I feel that there might be something more effectice. I then found planner.el which seems like a great tool. Unfortunately it does not map to the GTD way of doing things. Is anybody using emacs for maintaining their lists? How?
 
emacs

Hi,

planner.el looks interesting. I'm not sure how the A|B|C priorities get set. I like the shorthand for task status:
_ = pending
> = delegated
x = done

If you're a lisp coder, it should be relatively straightforward to split it from a single 'Tasks' list to the multiple lists that GTD requires:
Projects
Current
Someday/maybe
Next Actions
@context
and so on.

I'd be interested to hear how it goes.
 
I've been in touch with Sacha, the developer of planner.el, and she was very responsive. See her initial comments here:

http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/2004.05.12.php

I'm thinking that the different priorites could be re-used as context-tags. All Projects would have a planning page of their own and then there would be one "NextActions" planning page for all homeless NA:s.
 
Top