Anybody using or heard of ThinkTQ?

A

Anonymous

I took the test, and signed up (free trial) to get their daily digests. So far, about a week, it's been very bland and useless. Before paying these guys any money, I recommend you do the same. If you find their daily email digests useless as I do, then you can pretty safely assume that the materials they want you to buy would be equally useless (and vice versa).

A

Anonymous

I purchased the book, then got bogged down at work with projects so haven't had much time to put into it.

I would hope the "positive posters" here are honest and would let us know if they are affiliated with ThinkTQ like Michael did. BTW, Michael, thanks for dropping in.

I am not affiliated with ThinkTQ. I have the book and find it to be fairly well written and demonstrating a clear thinking process that takes you from the beginning pages to the end.

Once you've identified a color (area) to work on there is an additional workbook to print out and work through for 30 days.

Is anything in here brand new and earth shattering? No, but that is not the intent of the author. The intent is to pull together the best of what is out there and put it into a coherent system.

Does it replace GTD? Nope. The two can work hand in hand.

Just my 2 cents.

Dwest.

A

Anonymous

Re: TQ

Here I am again. I took the free 100 question test. ThinkTQ read me like a book. It showed me what my very real reality is, and that I have been fooling myself in thinking my life is moving forward. I recognized the absolute truth about me - I am going absolutely NOWHERE with my life - not taking action on any of the things I truly want to do with my life. I was totally blown away by the clarity I was shown of the absolute truth of my existence on this planet as of March 5, 2004 by ThinkTQ.

Guest said:
Well I'd like to change this. Once you are registered, there is plenty of information and downloads. Interesting ...

Guest said:
Careful - the positive posters may be associated to ThinkQT.com. Another thing - many sites that ask for money today at least offer unregistered visitors enough free articles or other downloads to give you some idea of what they're about. I didn't notice much free there. Maybe I missed it though.

A

Anonymous

Well I'm back. After taking a good look at myself, I've been motivated into getting off of my backside and MOVING. Though it's only been a couple of days, I took action on two projects yesterday that I've been procrastinating on for weeks. I came home from work today and will be taking more action on one of the projects I worked on yesterday. I must say, I did feel good when I could actually check off several items on my project next actions list as completed ! One of my main problems is that I spend WAY too much time planning and seeking more knowledge when I have more than enough knowledge and articles and books and downloads on everything I want to get serious about. I'm thinking that as I begin my daily/weekly/monthly/yearly planning, I'm going to divide my time as follows: 1/4 of it in self-development because I do like reading and learning, 1/4 of the time in actual planning and metrics, and 1/2 of the time in actual physical movement - next actions - 15/15/30. If I find it's too complicated to manage my time that way, I may devote certain days of the week to each of the above. Well, gotta get busy. Here's to the future !

Guest said:
Here I am again. I took the free 100 question test. ThinkTQ read me like a book. It showed me what my very real reality is, and that I have been fooling myself in thinking my life is moving forward. I recognized the absolute truth about me - I am going absolutely NOWHERE with my life - not taking action on any of the things I truly want to do with my life. I was totally blown away by the clarity I was shown of the absolute truth of my existence on this planet as of March 5, 2004 by ThinkTQ.

Guest said:
Well I'd like to change this. Once you are registered, there is plenty of information and downloads. Interesting ...

Guest said:
Careful - the positive posters may be associated to ThinkQT.com. Another thing - many sites that ask for money today at least offer unregistered visitors enough free articles or other downloads to give you some idea of what they're about. I didn't notice much free there. Maybe I missed it though.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous said:
For those who have purchased the product, how immediately useful is it? Apparently, after you take the test you can purchase a customized 172 page book that reflects how you did on the test. Anybody get the book yet?

I am not as concerned about spending money as I am about wasting time.

Thanks in Advance!

I took the test and there was really nothing there. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. Hard to explain--when you read GTD, what comes across is "this is real." When you read the ThinkTQ site, what comes across is "these guys are trying to sell me something." Those are my thoughts, anyway.

A

Anonymous

Think TQ

What's "real" is what helps you and that could be a little bit of Allen, Robbins, Covey, whatever. If it helps you to move and take action - it's real.

Anonymous said:
Anonymous said:
For those who have purchased the product, how immediately useful is it? Apparently, after you take the test you can purchase a customized 172 page book that reflects how you did on the test. Anybody get the book yet?

I am not as concerned about spending money as I am about wasting time.

Thanks in Advance!

I took the test and there was really nothing there. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. Hard to explain--when you read GTD, what comes across is "this is real." When you read the ThinkTQ site, what comes across is "these guys are trying to sell me something." Those are my thoughts, anyway.

D

dhmlco

TQ System Discount

They have some sort of introductory deal going on their web site where you can order one of their audio CD workshops free if you just pay the shipping and handling charges.

Well, I did, and it turns out there's a coupon in the package that's good for $40 off the entire system. So you can spend $7 and save $33.

If you want to buy down the costs it may be a good way to go.

I just started listening to the CD, so I don't have any firm opinions yet, but it's pretty good so far...

T

TQGuy

Guest said:

To the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one from ThinkTQ who's visited this site. I also acknowledged my affiliation up front, not posting anonymously from a guest account.

If you want the book and complete analysis, then you have to pay for it true... just as you paid (I assume) for GTD.

But there's a free section about TQ, the Daily TQ lessons are free, and the commentaries and articles on success are free.

Today's TQ, the Quick Test, and the TQ test are also "free" if you register.

A

Anonymous

Having listened to some of the special offer CDs, and done the questionnaire (as I posted above) I can say that Think TQ falls into the “top down” category of systems. It is well put together and very comprehensive. The “top down” approach has been around for a long time, I know Lakein was one of the early proponents.

What is fresh about Think TQ is that it s basically a motivational system rather than just a system. All of the steps, especially on the spoken CDs are presented in such a way as to inspire action.

All in all, well worth a look in. I haven’t bought the main program.

DFE

ext555

Registered
I did purchase the main system and I agree with your thoughts of it being a "top down " system . It is definitely well thought out and the daily lessons from the web site and email are a great reinforcement .

I don't think TQ would be very easy to use without first having learned GTD.

I couldn't imagine focusing at higher levels if the runway still had junk piled all over it :wink:

G

gbeecher

I am a very happy user of Think TQ!

I know this is in response to an incredibly old post, but for what it's worth, I've been using the Think TQ system for about 5 months now, and even though I've read quite a few self-improvement books, and at least one book on Time Management, I found that to break the bad habits of procrastination, poor organization, lack of concise goals, etc., I need a good dose of reality (see what my intentional mediocrity was costing me), and regular reminders to help me stay on track.

Each workshop (there are 10 in all) covers a different, yet related area (like energy, attitude, mission, goals, synergy, action, etc.) for 30 days at a time. The questions you are asked every day are very hard hitting, make you think, don't leave you much wriggle room if you're serious about reaching your full potential.

I would highly recommend you at least requesting one of their free workshops. But don't just listen to it once and put on the shelf. Put it to work, you'll be glad you did!

Gregg