Anyone here tried TaskFabric / Organize:Pro?

Ship69

Registered
Hello

I just stumbled across TaskFabric and it's cut-down version "Organize: Pro".

Have any of you good people tried it?

I have only just installed it.

What caught my eye about TaskFabric is that it allows you to view the same data in a number of different ways. (e.g. Agile/Kanban, Mind Maps and Visual Planning, WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).

On paper it seems very powerful, with for example:
- Basic task management
- Projects with multiple sub-levels
- Project Management
- Contexts (and the ability to colour-code them)
- Review by Urgent/Important State (Eisenhower Matrix)
- Mindmap view of tasks
- Ability to share projects

Background
In particular I personally want an application to have:

A) Simple lists of task (e.g. by Context) whose sort orders I can organise
AND
B) Hierarchical views of the same data to see what parts of my life are doing what
AND
C) An Urgency/Importance matrix view so that I can quickly see what needs doing more urgently that is also important, and when I have more time on my hands to get on with the more important stuff.

Cheers

J

PS Fwiw, I have just started using paper lists again to improve my use of lists habits.

Last edited:

Ship69

Registered
The spec of TaskFabric looks extremely promising to me.

However, I can't find any user forum. Also I have emailed them about a couple of things and no reply yet. The interface is slightly odd on a PC (small text, too widely spaced boxes) and the strong suspicion is that it has primarily been written for the Mac interface. I don't want to do too much more testing until I get a bit more re-assurance.

But the core idea of starting with GTD thinking but also having multiple TYPES of view of the same data is a great idea.

J