• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anyone here tried TaskFabric / Organize:Pro?

Hello

I just stumbled across TaskFabric and it's cut-down version "Organize: Pro".

Have any of you good people tried it?

I have only just installed it.

What caught my eye about TaskFabric is that it allows you to view the same data in a number of different ways. (e.g. Agile/Kanban, Mind Maps and Visual Planning, WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).

On paper it seems very powerful, with for example:
- Basic task management
- Projects with multiple sub-levels
- Project Management
- Contexts (and the ability to colour-code them)
- Review by Urgent/Important State (Eisenhower Matrix)
- Mindmap view of tasks
- Ability to share projects

Background
In particular I personally want an application to have:

A) Simple lists of task (e.g. by Context) whose sort orders I can organise
AND
B) Hierarchical views of the same data to see what parts of my life are doing what
AND
C) An Urgency/Importance matrix view so that I can quickly see what needs doing more urgently that is also important, and when I have more time on my hands to get on with the more important stuff.

Cheers

J


PS Fwiw, I have just started using paper lists again to improve my use of lists habits.
 
Last edited:
The spec of TaskFabric looks extremely promising to me.

However, I can't find any user forum. Also I have emailed them about a couple of things and no reply yet. The interface is slightly odd on a PC (small text, too widely spaced boxes) and the strong suspicion is that it has primarily been written for the Mac interface. I don't want to do too much more testing until I get a bit more re-assurance.

But the core idea of starting with GTD thinking but also having multiple TYPES of view of the same data is a great idea.

J
 
Top