• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anyone tried BigHairyGoal.com (Apple only) or VUE (visual understanding environment)?

Hi

Have any of you good people tried BigHairyGoal.com? It is a "mindmapping, brainstorming and progress tracking tool"
I am looking for something similar but unfortunately it does not work on Windows.

I have had a dabble with using VUE (visual understanding environment) which is really designed for a slighty different purpose. It is designed to be a "flexible visual environment for structuring, presenting, and sharing digital information".

Fwiw, I have dabbled with Scapple too but find it has too many rough edges for me. yEd also seems quite promising but it's a bit clunky & pedantic and is really more of a techie's flow diagramming/BPMN (etc) tool. Either way I am trying to get away from the very hierarchical way most mind mapping tools work and find something that helps one create free format tools that help you build spider diagrams/mind maps, progress tracking diagrams, non-intelligent gantt chart type diagrams etc.

John
 
Top