• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anyone use a hybrid approach to GTD - Automation plus Circa Planner (or other tool)

I use eproductivity for notes (great tool!) and I'm thinking about complementing this with a Circa Planner from Levenger. There's something about a hard copy that intrigues me and I'm thinking about trying it out. I've heard that the Circa Notebook is great for efficient hard copy workflow. Would appreciate any feedback on how you use a hybrid approach (automated plus paper) and any particular thoughts on the Circa Planner or other tools. Thanks!
 
I'm still in tweaking mode, but I currently use my Palm Centro for my calendar and contacts and my Levenger Circa notebook for NAs, projects, etc. I maintain 2 Circa notebooks - one stays home with things that I only need to reference from home and the smaller one goes with me e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. :) I feel lost without it and always wish I had it when I leave it behind so now it's always with me.

I don't think I'll ever be comfortable using something electronic for tasks, notes, etc. I much prefer to write and I love the Levenger paper. The obvious downside is that lists need to be rewritten occasionally but I'm OK with that. That's what boring conference calls are for. ;)
 
Top