• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anyone using Android 5.0 Lollipop?

Part of the issue is that there are a LOT of Android devices that can't run lollipop so they can't upgrade. From a developer standpoint there are some issues with the new rev as well. I haven't had any chance to really test everything under it so I won't upgrade any of my devices that are running LambTracker.
 
I'd agree that it's more of a 'link-bait' article. Lollipop has only been released for a short time. New hardware is coming out with it and it takes a while for the firmware for existing android phones to be updated (& as Oogie points out, not all will be able to update). From what I understand it's more a change to the Look & Feel ('Material Design' they call it), speed improvements (change to the underlying code engine) and other efficiencies. I am looking forward to it, but I don't see it changing my GTD practice.

Tom
 
Very helpful -- thanks for the responses. We're considering a setup guide for Android. Seems like a guide based on KitKat would be useful for awhile, since it could be at lest a few months before the user base for Lollipop gets substantially larger.
 
One system just upgraded, 2 minutes in there are LOTS of look/feel differences. May have more data tomorrow.
 
Top